• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

21st Century International Draft - R3

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
With "your selection must have batting average close etc etc" Draft drawing to its close I'll call for volunteer participants for this draft. It won't start until there are at least 8 players "In" and the aforementioned draft has concluded the selection stage.

The rules:

You are picking an international Test team and, as such, you must have representatives from at least 8 Test playing nations and you are allowed no more than 2 from any one nation.

Regarding the 21st Century, you may only select players who made their debut after the turn of the last Century (ie after 30th December 1999). Please don't try to argue that the 21st Century began on July 1st 2001 and that debuts in 2000 shouldn't count.

Draft will be a snake with 2 draftees able to select at a time (as with the T2M2 draft in progress). Rounds 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 will be by random numbers. Round 11 will be either based previous positions to balance things or a free-for-all. State your preference when indicating you are "In". Time limit per selection = 8 hours.

Any questions?

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
looking at how the 2 drafters per time works someone can be skipped A Lot if they're afk. Is It possible to limit it to skip max two drafters at a time or something (unless they time out)?

In anyway, covers the time i've been interested in cricket

ataraxia

International Coach
In. R11 should be based on previous positions.

However, I dislike the lack of the preparation that went into the OP. 30th should be 31st. July should be January. I know this is nitpicking but it does indicate a lack of enthusiasm of this draft that could potentially cause problems later on.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
In. R11 should be based on previous positions.

However, I dislike the lack of the preparation that went into the OP. 30th should be 31st. July should be January. I know this is nitpicking but it does indicate a lack of enthusiasm of this draft that could potentially cause problems later on.
I rushed without proof reading. Thanks for drawing attention to a minor detail that has little to do with the actual draft. Error(s) corrected. I can assure you I have been planning this draft for some time and that it will be conducted well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'll have a go.

Think I get the "snake" system, but may need reminding if it's my turn and am blissfully ignorant.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Field is full. Will conduct random 1 draw tomorrow morning my time (about 12 hours hence) so participants can prepare selections and we officially start when aforementioned draft in progress is completed.