• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021/22 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Kippax Kyle Jamieson
Straw Man Kane Williamson
Chewie Devon Conway
Bahnz Neil Wagner
Flem274* Tim Southee
NZT Tom Latham
Vandem Rachin Ravindra
Athlai Daryl Mitchell
Ataraxia Trent Boult

Ataraxia Tom Blundell
Straw Man Henry Nicholls
Flem274* Fraser Sheat
Chewie Michael Rippon
Kippax Ajaz Patel
Bahnz Dane Cleaver
NZT Doug Bracewell
Vandem Nathan Smith
Athlai Michael Bracewell

Chewie Cam Fletcher
Kippax Jacob Duffy
Vandem Will Young
Flem274* Glenn Phillips
NZT Joe Carter
Bahnz Robbie O'Donnell
Ataraxia Jeet Raval
Athlai Blair Tickner
Straw Man Cole McConchie

Straw Man Seth Rance
Athlai Ross Taylor
Ataraxia Luke Georgeson
Bahnz Hamish Rutherford
NZTailender Will Williams
Flem274* Mark Chapman
Vandem Ed Nuttal
Kippax Colin de Grandhomme
Chewie Scott Kuggeleijn

Bahnz Ian McPeake
Kippax Will O'Donnell
Chewie Henry Cooper
Flem274* Greg Hay
Athlai Ish Sodhi
Ataraxia Ken McClure
Vandem Max Chu
Straw Man Michael Rae
NZT Nick Kelly

NZT Leo Carter
Straw Man Jamie Gibson
Vandem Troy Johnson
Ataraxia Anaru Kitchen
Athlai Finn Allen
Flem274* Will Somerville
Chewie Matt Henry
Kippax Ben Horne
Bahnz Joe Walker

NZT Logan van Beek
Chewie Louis Delport
Ataraxia George Worker
Straw Man Dale Phillips
Vandem Joey Field
Athlai Jimmy Neesham
Kippax Sean Solia
Bahnz Ray Toole
Flem274* Tim Seifert

Flem274* Peter Bocock
Bahnz Brad Schmulian
Kippax Ben Sears
Athlai Ollie Newton
Vandem Katene Clark
Straw Man Martin Guptill
Ataraxia Lockie Ferguson
Chewie Tom Bruce
NZT Travis Muller

Athlai (Pass)
Ataraxia Adi Ashok
NZTailender Chad Bowes
Chewie (Pass)
Straw Man Danru Ferns
Kippax Gus McKenzie
Flem274* Matthew Fisher
Vandem Brett Hampton
Bahnz Peter Younghusband

Bahnz (pass)
Vandem Josh Clarkson
Flem274*
Kippax (pass)
Straw Man (Pass)
Chewie (Pass)
NZT Andrew Hazeldine
Ataraxia
Athlai

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the difference in pitch conditions between October and April is big enough for me to permit some releasing and replacing of Auckland players. If you spot someone good in the upcoming team selections, you'll just let me know the Auckland player you want to release. Not many of us selected an Auckland swing bowler of course, apart from me taking Solia.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a whole lot to share yet. Anyone who wants to post a core six in batting order and their top two reserves can do so. Final lock will be 10.30am on the 23rd.

There's one warm-up game's scorecard:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

New Otago recruit Jake Gibson has made a promising early impression.

He nabbed four quick wickets on the opening day of a two-day intra-squad game at Logan Park this week.

Conditions were favourable for bowling, but four for six from six overs is pretty good going.

He helped reduce the Gold team to 50 for seven.

Earlier, the Blue team captained by Hamish Rutherford did not find the going much easier.

It posted 184. Dale Phillips was rewarded for his application and commitment to his game plan and got through to 51.

Veteran right-hander Neil Broom chipped in with 35.

Black Cap Jacob Duffy was the best of the bowlers for the Gold side. He took four for 15 from 12 overs.

Angus McKenzie took three for 50 and Travis Muller nabbed two for 43, including the key wicket of Phillips, who just made a mental lapse shortly after bringing up the milestone.

Otago’s opening Plunket Shield game is against Wellington at the Basin Reserve in just over a week.

NZTailender

1​
T. Latham †
2​
N. Kelly
3​
J. Carter
4​
L. Carter
5​
D. Bracewell
6​
W. Williams
7​
T. Muller
8​
L. van Beek
9​
C. Bowes
10​
A. Hazeldine

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks NZT. Note that LvB will be back in the country after the first four Shield rounds have been played. Up to you to either keep him for the autumn rounds or to release and replace him now.

NZTailender

Thanks NZT. Note that LvB will be back in the country after the first four Shield rounds have been played. Up to you to either keep him for the autumn rounds or to release and replace him now.
Would that only matter if I had either 4 players injured at once or if 1 main player and then Muller was also injured? I should hopefully be able to get by.

819797 (1).jpg

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Athlai having his usual terrible luck with his players? Yes, yes he is.

Unfortunately Ross Taylor can't get out of Hamilton. He and the team weren't aware he should apply for a travel for employment waiver of level 3 rules. My draft team also suffers with Ajaz Patel in Auckland. Anyone's guess if those exemptions will be granted in time for their 31 October game in Dunedin or their 7 November game in Nelson. First Test vs. India begins 25 November.

Last edited: