• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021/22 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the fact Vandem's bowlers are already up to six wickets for the round and Ravindra's just made 39 has now locked the door. Tentative congrats to Vandem and big thanks to him for all the assistance this season.

vandem

International 12th Man
Bruce doing his best to help take me into the lead but I suspect it won't be enough
It might be close. Next week you have Fletcher and perhaps Henry playing, I have nobody. I might need some wickets from Smith and Ravindra tomorrow to keep far enough ahead.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No Henry (Chewie) or Nuttall (Vandem) in today's final game.

Chewie steered clear of all timorous beta males in his selections, and the only poor player in his core six was Kuggeleijn. He tried to take a cold calculating eye to these things and not get drawn into the moral panics of his place and time, and he paid for it with his life. I'm afraid 605 points out of Fletcher and Delport to win this draft just isn't going to happen.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Not by too much. Cooper's returns a bit lean other than that one double ton. Looks like 354 vs. 172.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Plus some blunting points as well though. Bruce at No. 2 did always look weird with how generous the blunter points are.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
If someone has played 8 games for a season and is then injured/rested and is replaced by another player, should matches be removed from scoring because they have gone over the 8 games played? i.e. should the replacement player take the injured/rested player's spot for the purposes of the 8 game limit?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes that sounds perfectly reasonable. Latham has a completely unfruitful outing against South Africa as his worst game so it won't make too much difference here, bit I will introduce that to the 2022/23 rules.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I think it means Latham's actually played three too many games, Bundell has played two too many games and also means Young or Ravindra have played two too many games too

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes I see. I can't really introduce a rule that significantly alters how the reserves bench works mid-event though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
A rather lacklustre draft season from myself to go with a lethargic summer of cricket that never quite got going. Anyway thanks for running the competition again :thumbup1:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Next season could be really underwhelming again. Two away Tests (that's tbc ones as it's Pakistan) and two home Tests against Sri Lanka. Two World Cups to take up the rest of the time.

I'm largely leaving these first-class drafts in Vandem's hands now, but could we include the full tour of England in a draft that wraps up in March next year? A way to do this would be getting people to draft just two players now and more in September.

I'm looking to enter the Braai Guys South African-themed team and a co-selected team with Prince EWS. Reply to this thread to register your interest.

ataraxia

International Coach
Haven't we got 2 tests at home vs England also (not that we need to play them any more)?

Anyway, I'm in for whatever is decided. Hoping to bounce back after second season syndrome.