• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2021/22 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft

vandem

International 12th Man
Looks like I lose Latham and potentially Bracewell. Oof.
Chewie perhaps worse off, loses Rippon unexpectedly.

I get a bonus from Ravindra not being picked.

Note that Kippax and Bahnz currently in 4th and 5th place have lots of players available for remaining PS games. They got 788 and 407 points last week, the 3 leaders only got 220 - 260.

Might be a close 5-way finish.

vandem

International 12th Man
It's not quite over yet. But the ND / Auckland abandonment and the lack of Ajaz wickets were more hurdles for my chasers.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Lack of internationals, the washout, and Will Williams not doing anything really hurt that round.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Relieved to have scraped off the bottom of the table where Athlai resides, for now. If Rae manages the rest of the season uninjured he should give up the -100 Spud points too. Looks like Kuggeleijn is the leading candidate to take that prize; would be fitting.

Does Williamson not still count as INJ last round and this one?

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Keene would have outscored a number of players if someone had picked him (did anyone pick him?)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nope.

Looking round the XIs there are loads of new/unexpected bowlers taking a place in these late-season matches.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Does Williamson not still count as INJ last round and this one?
Similar to Conway earlier in the season, Vandem and I can't really deem the current domestic rounds as truly realistic games missed for KW. If he'd forgone an IPL contract this time around, then maybe that fact could be contested.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Chewie now within 400 points of the lead, but I think a Brian Lara 501* was probably needed to put Vandem under genuine stress.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Macewell and Mitchell were utterly Athlai-cursed picks.

In theory both were at a really good age and stage of life for a huge all-round season, and in fact they did both have breakout seasons. They just kept virtually all of their best work to the pocket-lining formats.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey @Bahnz can I get the 4th reserve pick from you that you kept up your sleeve? Like say a Simon Keene or Tim Robinson.

O'Donnell, Wagner, Walker, Toole all out for your team.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah cracking little run of form for Bruce. You've got to start cheering for a good Auckland batting effort and second innings carnage from Delport. He's active for you this round.