• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2016 Under 19 Cricket World Cup

SeamUp

International Coach
Lawrence and Burnham just had the first ever 300+ partnership in under 19s world cups. Highest ever individual score for Lawrence with 174.
Very very early days but Dan Lawrence has an arrogance but calm demeanor about him to break into international cricket quite young. Could be the opener you looking for.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Very orthodox but lovely action. Piedt is quite young but for variation it will be great to have a SLA. He can bat too.

Can see why this Bangladesh team is so highly rated just by looking at 2 or 3 of your batsmen.

Tell me about this offie that has doosra up his sleeve ?
Not entirely sure about the reference. Think it's Sanjit Saha who has been performing well.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Good catch... . I wondered how the young SA batsmen would do with (what I assume) are a number of slow/spin bowlers from Bangladesh... Not to be to negative but I don`t hold out much hope.

SeamUp

International Coach
Losing Mulder is a huge loss. These 2 just have to try and give us a chance so no real risk taking as SA u19 bat quite a deep.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Haha a Nepal win vs NZ was paying 15 in wh, 13 in b365 and 15 in boylesports. I have bet the highest allowed amount in all 3 sites; and they are not accepting any larger bet. After my bet wh has adjusted the odd to 11, but that is still lucrative. Go big on this guys, this match is going to be close.
The fact that we can gamble on schoolkids like this is yet more evidence that the industry itself needs to take a more responsible role in the prevention of matchfixing.

SeamUp

International Coach
Action looks a bit dodgy. What do you reckon?
I think he will be tested down the line.

His wrist looks like it does a lot of work but the arm isn't dramatically bent so touch and go.

I remember we had a spinner in the 2012 u19 WC Prenelan Subrayen who was the same and he constantly has to re-model his action and I think it has effected him frustratingly as he showed potential.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if that's the smartest bet. Yeah the conditions are unfamiliar, but NZ have sent out a pretty reasonable side for this U19 world cup. They've recently won matches against Pakistan, Australia and Afghanistan (who womped Nepal by 10 wickets back in August).
I think weldone is right in that it's incredible value. But throwing the bank on it is a bit silly. They're still pretty rank outsiders. Just nothing like $15-11 outsiders.
@Athlai I'm not really 'throwing the bank' at it. The total amount I did bet was around £300 (the max bet size in those websites were abnormally low for this bet), which is high but isn't big enough to make me worry for days if I don't win.
And yes, the correct odd should be below 5 imo.

@Bahnz The Afghanistan and Nepal U19 teams in August and now aren't really the same teams. In the warm-up matches, SL handed similar kind of thrashings to Nepal and NZ.

91Jmay

International Coach
Very very early days but Dan Lawrence has an arrogance but calm demeanor about him to break into international cricket quite young. Could be the opener you looking for.
Arrogance is right but he is a massive, massive talent. Reminds me of Pietersen in many ways.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Were South Africa that bad? Didn't see a ball down here, sadly. Foxtel (without Austalia 19 involved) cbf, or couldn't bf just yet.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Might just be the pitch confirmed that there'll be extreme nerfing of all pace nations, of course.

91Jmay

International Coach
They were fairly comfortably beaten but no they weren't abject. Guess those odds are taking history of U19 WCs into account as well, given that India have won 3 and Aus 3 and only one of those sides are in the comp.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a seriously quality innings from Smith.

Bangladeshi batsmen look really talented but you get the feeling that besides Najmul they seem to be very reliant on aerial shots.