• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2016 Under 19 Cricket World Cup

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Mulder has a nice Yorker. Pinak Ghosh has a nice cut shot. Smith is good, but he should have started to accelerate earlier.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Not even 12 months, and yet, Bangladesh and South Africa under-19s have played each-other 15 times with Bangladesh winning 12 of those and South Africa only 3. Bangladesh will obviously crush Scotland and Namibia, and most likely face New Zealand in the quarter-finals which they should obviously win. Strangely, both Bangladesh and New Zealand played in the plate championship final in the last tournament which New Zealand lost. 90% sure it will be an India v Bangladesh final. I will give 50:50 chance to both teams to be fair. India has the depth and quality, but Bangladesh has the experience and are hosts. There was a triangular tournament towards the end of last year which involved India and Bangladesh, and India were too clinical for Bangladesh; however, the pitches in that triangular series were dodgy. I will be really happy if Bangladesh can at least achieve 2nd place. Beating India is possible, but India's batting is lethal, and have a dangerous fast bowler called Avesh Khan.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
From an NZ pov, Clarkson hasn't bowled in the last 3 or 4 games he's played in UAE and warm ups in Bangladesh. But has batted. So assume he has a bowling preventing injury.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's batting to Lomror so if these two can put on another 50 or so we'd be in a pretty good position I'd say. That said I've never watched Ireland bat.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Not even 12 months, and yet, Bangladesh and South Africa under-19s have played each-other 15 times with Bangladesh winning 12 of those and South Africa only 3. Bangladesh will obviously crush Scotland and Namibia, and most likely face New Zealand in the quarter-finals which they should obviously win. Strangely, both Bangladesh and New Zealand played in the plate championship final in the last tournament which New Zealand lost. 90% sure it will be an India v Bangladesh final. I will give 50:50 chance to both teams to be fair. India has the depth and quality, but Bangladesh has the experience and are hosts. There was a triangular tournament towards the end of last year which involved India and Bangladesh, and India were too clinical for Bangladesh; however, the pitches in that triangular series were dodgy. I will be really happy if Bangladesh can at least achieve 2nd place. Beating India is possible, but India's batting is lethal, and have a dangerous fast bowler called Avesh Khan.
Remember this?

Quarter-Final: Bangladesh Under-19s v England Under-19s at Colombo (PSS), Feb 11, 2006 | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is really no good from India. These guys lost to Canada who we scored 400+ against ffs.