• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 aus teams???

tooextracool

International Coach
mavric41 said:
And Hayden has scored a thousand runs a year for the past four years - something NOONE has ever done before.
incidentally there was another player who did the same. a player who scored against every team in ODI cricket and IMO is the best ODI player the game has ever seen. yes of course in that case it didnt matter at all did it? he was considered past his prime and not offered a contract. such double standards is quite unbelievable.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
incidentally there was another player who did the same. a player who scored against every team in ODI cricket and IMO is the best ODI player the game has ever seen. yes of course in that case it didnt matter at all did it? he was considered past his prime and not offered a contract. such double standards is quite unbelievable.
I assume you are talking about Bevan. I agree he was dropped prematurely, but so were both the Waughs etc. If their replacements hadn't performed so well and the team was losing - I'm sure they would go back to him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
bestfriendh said:
guys as was listed in the forums...there r sooo many aus players who r world class level but are not playin.......i juss thought maybe have a second aus team as well...........tht will improve the competetion in cricket......wat say guys??? :laugh: 8-)
Nah. By your logic, we would have 5 Brazilian football teams in international football..

tooextracool

International Coach
mavric41 said:
I assume you are talking about Bevan. I agree he was dropped prematurely, but so were both the Waughs etc. If their replacements hadn't performed so well and the team was losing - I'm sure they would go back to him.
both the waughs had been underperforming for a while. and remember the team had gone through a slump in ODIs, first time they hadnt reached the finals of their own tournament so changes had to be made. in bevans case the team was actually winning when he was dropped. and with regard to going back to him, i doubt they will, and we've already seen them lose 2 out of their last 3 ODIs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
mavric41 said:
And Hayden has scored a thousand runs a year for the past four years - something NOONE has ever done before.
But the volume of cricket up to this decade made it pretty much impossible.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
tooextracool said:
the topic said 2 aus teams, nowhere did the person who start the topic say anything about ODI or test teams. just because someone brought in the point about some tri series 10 years ago and everyone else started to talk about that for the rest of the topic, doesnt mean i have to do the same. as far as im concerned i didnt quote anyone who was talking about ODI cricket(or at least he didnt mention that he was).
Yeah yeah, fair enough man. But you could have made it clearer! :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
tooextracool said:
first time they hadnt reached the finals of their own tournament so changes had to be made.
Actually they also didn't make the finals in the 1996/97 ODI tri-series with Pakistan and the West Indies.

bestfriendh

Cricket Spectator
heya

imo too there r cretain players who were performin and still dropped .......bevan is the first to come to ma mind ........kaspa too......sigh.....india.....pak.......sri.....have not half the bench strength these aus guys have........... :laugh: 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jono said:
Actually they also didn't make the finals in the 1996/97 ODI tri-series with Pakistan and the West Indies.
Let's hope for history to repeat itself... :cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
When it's the team playing Australia A is in a competition with two other international sides, surely they would want to be doing their best over the series (including beating Australia A) rather than suffering the shame of losing to a second XI side?
Except that I can tell you that plenty didn't view it as a shame, more an irrelevancy.
Call it typical English bigheadedness if you want.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
Except that I can tell you that plenty didn't view it as a shame, more an irrelevancy.
Call it typical English bigheadedness if you want.
It was not irrelevant though - they needed to finish ahead of Australia A to make the final, which they didn't do. I would've thought making the final of a tournament would be a priority for any team taking themselves seriously, regardless of who the opposition teams are.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Casson said:
Yeah yeah, fair enough man. But you could have made it clearer! :p
i think it was clear, what would be the point of bringing up macgils ODI record when he isnt even in the ODI side and has barely played any ODIs.

tooextracool

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Funnily enough, it's already happened a decade ago. Well, kinda. The 1994/5 ODI World Series was contested between Australia, Australia 'A', England & Zimbabwe. The final table ended us thus:

Team P W L NR T Pts N/R/R
Australia 6 5 1 - - 10 0.43
Australia A 6 3 3 - - 6 0.09
England 6 3 3 - - 6 0.08
Zimbabwe 6 1 5 - - 2 -0.59

Meaning Aus played Aus 'A' in the final!! :p
incidentally that aus A side included the following players.....
hayden
blewett
ponting
bevan
langer
martyn
m.hughes

quite an impressive side, nearly beat australia twice in that tournament too.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depends if you are talking about Test or one day cricket....

If think Aussie A would may a only a middle of the road one day side, but a pretty good test side.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
tooextracool said:
incidentally that aus A side included the following players.....
hayden
blewett
ponting
bevan
langer
martyn
m.hughes
Wow, more names for the "whatever happened to" file! :p

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
The funny thought

Pakistan lost to WA 2ND XI
Pakistan lost to WA
Pakistan lost to Australia A
Pakistan lost to Australia by 491 runs
Pakistan need Psycolagy to help them

tooextracool

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
Depends if you are talking about Test or one day cricket....

If think Aussie A would may a only a middle of the road one day side, but a pretty good test side.
more than half the players listed went on to become world class.