• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 aus teams???

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
tooextracool said:
i think it was clear, what would be the point of bringing up macgils ODI record when he isnt even in the ODI side and has barely played any ODIs.
I don't know, that's why I responded.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tooextracool said:
more than half the players listed went on to become world class.

What side ? I'm not referring to the Aust A from all those years ago in the VB series with eng and Zim, I'm talking about the Aust that went 1 all with the west indies over the wkd.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dizzy #4 said:
The funny thought

Pakistan lost to WA 2ND XI
Pakistan lost to WA
Pakistan lost to Australia A
Pakistan lost to Australia by 491 runs
Pakistan need Psycolagy to help them
Hmmm... you sure it's not psychology they need?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
zinzan12 said:
What side ? I'm not referring to the Aust A from all those years ago in the VB series with eng and Zim, I'm talking about the Aust that went 1 all with the west indies over the wkd.
A West Indies that happened to have not played cricket for 3 months.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
The idea of a second aussie team is ridiculous. Remember how the indian batsmen battered the aussie bowlers when mcgrath and warne weren't there. And when England comfortably won that sydney test. The whole reason why they are the best team is cos their top class players perform consistently. An Aussie second team may be able to beat Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and thats about it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Dar said:
The idea of a second aussie team is ridiculous. Remember how the indian batsmen battered the aussie bowlers when mcgrath and warne weren't there. And when England comfortably won that sydney test. The whole reason why they are the best team is cos their top class players perform consistently. An Aussie second team may be able to beat Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and thats about it.
I'd say a serious Australian second XI (which would be a touch stronger than the current Australia A side, as it could include experienced players on the verge of the first team like Bichel, not just youth) would be about middle of the road in the world now. They would beat most touring sides in Australia, but struggle travelling to the subcontinent and so forth.

Regardless, it would never actually happen, nor should it.