• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final | NZ vs Pak | Sydney, 09 Nov 2022

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I predicted Pakistan would win the T20 WC in the tri series thread.
Same. I do think cnerd may be exaggerating slightly (especially about NZ's tournament which was fine) but the idea that NZ just didn't want it enough seems silly to me. Pakistan are better than them and I would've expected them to win that game 55-60% of the time so it doesn't need a big-brained psychological explanation IMO.

smash84

The Tiger King
Thanks for the opportunity to forecast. I know the New Zealand team much better than India and England but here goes

The Toss - England will end up batting first who ever wins the toss.

1) Alex Hales will suffer from a bad case of imposter syndrome in the 3rd over and not commit to a stroke properly and get out. He will feel in his heart he isn't good enough for this occassion
2) Jos Butler - the whole game will rest on him and he will know it so will be forced to play conservatively 50 off 42 balls
The rest of the batsman are money ball selections that are not really in amongst the wolrd's elite players except Stokes who doesn't favour this format.
My theory on finals is that only the very best are good enough on these occassions so it will be up to Jos and Ben will just have to make runs.
England low estimate 160 high estimate 170

What ever the score India will run it down against England's attack that has too many all rounders to be any good. Eg surely they have someone better than Woakes to take poles in T20s.
Unfortunately this didn't quite come out as good.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pakistan have the magic formula unlocked for T20s ATM, IMO. The moment they made the switch to leave out the Alis. Team has like 6 front line bowling options, 2 batsmen who can bowl decently, 3 proper test matc pedigree batsmen in the top 4 sandwiching a bunch of good to very good T20 biffers, and 3 bowlers who can all tonk 6s if required at the end, even if they cant really bat.

If they dont win this time, I think it will be very tough for them in future. This type of golden generations do not come together often, esp. for SC sides where somehow or the other there is always an internal combustion waiting to happen.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That said, I also think England have certainly been the trend setters for modern LO cricket and in a way, it would be a bit of a travesty if they did not have both WCs won with this generation of players. They have been responsible for basically a generation shift in the way LO cricket is played.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Pakistan have the magic formula unlocked for T20s ATM, IMO. The moment they made the switch to leave out the Alis. Team has like 6 front line bowling options, 2 batsmen who can bowl decently, 3 proper test matc pedigree batsmen in the top 4 sandwiching a bunch of good to very good T20 biffers, and 3 bowlers who can all tonk 6s if required at the end, even if they cant really bat.

If they dont win this time, I think it will be very tough for them in future. This type of golden generations do not come together often, esp. for SC sides where somehow or the other there is always an internal combustion waiting to happen.
what?