• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final | NZ vs Pak | Sydney, 09 Nov 2022

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And 90% of the time they were very good vs India. It is just just they were absolutely dreadful under pressure for the last over or two.
Nah their batting was very flaky and we were equally bad after the first 5 with the ball. It was a mix of how bad we were as well.

cnerd123

likes this
When I went to bed after 2 overs it was obvious that Pakistan simply wanted it more. Just felt like NZ turned up because they had to.
Seemed pretty clear to me before the game, and during it, that Pakistan were just the better team overall.

NZ smashed an unimpressive Aus team in the opener, got out classed by England, and struggled to make it past SL and Ireland. Pakistan were dominating both games they lost in the group stages, just panicked in the final over both times. After those losses and a couple of changes to the XI they looked fantastic vs SA and BD.

Pak have been better in T20Is in the past two years as well and already got a few wins vs NZ lately too. I don't think it matters how much NZ 'wanted it'. They just aren't as good a side

Athlai

Not Terrible
Athlai certainly providing some compelling points to back up his argument here.
They wouldn't have made the finals if Zimbabwe didn't upset the Saffas cos they had a fairly wretched world cup. Cnerd in classic jumping on bandwagon

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seemed pretty clear to me before the game, and during it, that Pakistan were just the better team overall.

NZ smashed an unimpressive Aus team in the opener, got out classed by England, and struggled to make it past SL and Ireland. Pakistan were dominating both games they lost in the group stages, just panicked in the final over both times. After those losses and a couple of changes to the XI they looked fantastic vs SA and BD.

Pak have been better in T20Is in the past two years as well and already got a few wins vs NZ lately too. I don't think it matters how much NZ 'wanted it'. They just aren't as good a side
Agree tbh.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Nope. Completely different style of gameplay. As much as I've rubbished our lack of plan b in test matches, in ODIs and T20Is I've always felt like there's been quite cool headed calculations to edge past rather than a red hot passion to overwhelm the opposition. A sort of killing them softly approach that just sees the Black Caps close out oppositions in a methodical and professional style. When it works, it doesn't seem too ostentatious. When it doesn't work, the team looks flat and less dynamic. The difference between NZ losing and winning can be quite marginal, whereas other teams can dominate or be blown away.

Pakistan just continue to be the wildcard team that can win a game from anywhere and lose a game from anywhere. I mean you say Pakistan are clearly superior and NZ 'struggled' vs Ireland and SL (patently untrue) and yet Pakistan lost to Zimbabwe.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
NZ smashed an unimpressive Aus team in the opener, got out classed by England, and struggled to make it past SL and Ireland.
No, can't agree. Our finishers didn't finish well against England (admittedly the death bowling was very good), but our wins versus SL and Ireland were impressive and professional.

Athlai

Not Terrible
All these people talking **** weren't so brave when Santner was bowling last night. Yeah I noticed you all shut up reaaaal quick

TBF the jinx and anti-jinx magic combined with the potential of an imminent Pakistan collapse is about as precarious as you can get in cricket. But yeah, catches were dropped. He couldve been the best in the world, but he isn't. Just one of them and I very very very much doubt he will be close to that again.

(Cos spin isnt real and fast bowlers will clearly dominate T20 again soon)