• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final | NZ vs Pak | Sydney, 09 Nov 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Sharma is going to get a few for india. Got a feeling my man Daryl Mitchell will excel for NZ too.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Don’t think NZ have used a sixth bowler at any stage during the first round. In general the bowling has done the business, but you’d hope Neesham is ready for the call if needed. Sodhi/Southee/Ferg are all candidates for an off day.
I think Neesham is on a hiding to nothing. Hasn't really had much bowling lately and when he does it's coming in cold at the death, and wth his batting he's rarely icing a cake, coming in with an over or so to go and blast from ball one. I mean, that's the job he has to do, but whenever it doesn't happen he isn't given as much rope as anyone else.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I think Neesham is on a hiding to nothing. Hasn't really had much bowling lately and when he does it's coming in cold at the death, and wth his batting he's rarely icing a cake, coming in with an over or so to go and blast from ball one. I mean, that's the job he has to do, but whenever it doesn't happen he isn't given as much rope as anyone else.
Yeah agree with all of this, NZ should be getting more out of him given his ability but here we are. Would love to see him bat a little higher once in a while and get more overs to work with - maybe that’s an approach NZ could take against Shadab in the middle overs.

He’s pretty important to NZ’s chances tomorrow I feel, given Pakistan’s a serious bowling side at the death.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty well summed up on Neesham I reckon, although I imagine his detractors/the selectors etc would say he's been given opportunities to bat higher and play innings' of more substance in the past and hasn't grasped them.

But yeah, he's important. The difference between 150 to 170 or whatever it is, and if he needs to bowl, he's capable of doing a job.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ's fanbase will be even more insufferable if they lose though.
Either NZ wins and everyone can sit safe in the knowledge that the Good Guys have won and everything is right in the world.

Or NZ loses and this forum will be filled with page after page (after page) of posts recalling the big moments, reliving the joys and depressions, incisive analysis of selections and matchplay and general commentary that advances the entire enterprise of cricket.

It's a win/win for Cricketweb really.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think we're a good chance. It's Australia which doesn't really favour any of the remaining teams, and our attack is probably the most experienced. We've got a lot of players seemingly to come into form at once.

Santner is possibly the best T20I bowler in the world right now which is sorta weird.

But it's T20 and we've already seen a million upsets occur so even though mentally I think we are more likely. It's like 35%

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pink panther has indeed been at least in the top 10 bowlers in the format of late tbf