• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final | NZ vs Pak | Sydney, 09 Nov 2022

Sunil1z

International Regular
Literally every team in the semis has an atrocious fan base which would be insufferable if their team wins
But our population is much more than ENG/NZ. And I don’t think cricket is no.1 game in either ENG or NZ. So they may troll for few days and forget.
But Miandad six or Misbah scoop is discussed even now.

Sunil1z

International Regular
If Social media's a good judge of cricket that's great, we're all winners!
I mean they aren’t wrong based on past record of NZ against PAK in ICC knockout matches or recent tri-series .
Similarly if SF had been between NZ vs SA/IND then NZ would have started as huge favourites.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This game should have been played tonight under the total lunar eclipse, which as everyone knows is a transformative spiritual event of rare power and importance.

Plus it would have looked really cool having a blood moon over the world's greatest cricket ground while such an important match was going on.
We playing at the Gabba?

Xuhaib

International Coach
For some reason Pak 2009 World championship win goes under the radar even among Pak Fans. I really don't know why as Afridi orchestrated the win and he was a big draw in his playing days.

ashley bach

International Captain
I mean they aren’t wrong based on past record of NZ against PAK in ICC knockout matches or recent tri-series .
Similarly if SF had been between NZ vs SA/IND then NZ would have started as huge favourites.
Think many of those past knockouts in ICC don't really have much relevance here, and that random tri series final the other day could/should have
been won by the Blackcaps. It's all going to come down to mentality and execution on the day, and although NZ have the players currently with
more finals experience, see this match as pretty much a coin flip.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Don’t think NZ have used a sixth bowler at any stage during the first round. In general the bowling has done the business, but you’d hope Neesham is ready for the call if needed. Sodhi/Southee/Ferg are all candidates for an off day.