• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anil1405

International Captain
Been a McCullum fan (who isn't?) but if there was one game I hoped he wouldn't score it was today. Those 40 odd minutes he was at the crease were horrible.

He better score a ****ing 100 in the final.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hell, one of the all time great ODI chases, period. Kohli against SL in Australia a few years back comes close but nowhere near this sort of pressure though it was a slightly bigger target.
I remember that, that was ****ing nuts. Rarely seen someone hit a cricket ball that hard.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hell, one of the all time great ODI chases, period. Kohli against SL in Australia a few years back comes close but nowhere near this sort of pressure though it was a slightly bigger target.
I get hard when someone mentions that knock. That over where he took apart Malinga... sheesh.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Still haven't left the thread since the match ended. Can't bring myself to close it yet. Am minimizing it for a bit.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
they're definitely reading our stuff

i expect BFP to get a job at a paper and myself to get a book deal for my upcoming bestseller "baking cricketers - cake and icing theory" with a foreword by fleming, hart and nash.
Tweeted him and he denied reading CW. Unsurprisingly :p

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Also, I've never felt like more of a dick than the moment when I spotted the two fielders sprinting for the chance off Elliot in the penultimate over and began willing for a collision with every fibre of my being.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Behardien's face and his expression the moment the catch went down was so sad and funny to see. Was gone before I could locate the print screen key on my keyboard.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Behardien's face and his expression the moment the catch went down was so sad and funny to see. Was gone before I could locate the print screen key on my keyboard.
Managed to do a print screen off a highlights package:

behardien drop.jpg

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had immense pleasure in texting a SA mate who earlier in the week claimed Grant Elliott was the worst cricketer in either squad & boasted how he dominated him in a regional school tournament when they were younger. :happy:

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Just been listning to radiosport for a few hours.
When Ronchi holed out i was down. When Elliot hit the six I let out a primal scream.

Snippie27

Cricket Spectator
Finally able to watch the highlights. Gutted but what a game! NZ you guys showed the world how to hold your nerves. Proteas still so proud of you guys!

Now please go on and win everything NZ!

NickDB

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
south africa can't win the final. maybe neither side. they're pushed to the limit. need india and aussie to kill each other as much as these two sides have killed each other.

I'd think that Aussie or India will be ****ting themselves after watching this. They've just seen what New Zealand can do. This game was about as good as you can get to prep you for a final.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
yo guys this is kind of a pointless question really but had SA won today would AB have played the final? cos IIRC he was fined for slow over rate against India and I'm pretty sure SA were behind the over rate today as well so he may have had to sit out the final had they won today?

lay it in me if this is a stupid question, and sorry to the other SA fans for entertaining this possibility just after the loss.