• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Arachnodouche

International Captain
The new Indian jersey makes me crave motichur laddus. Also brings back memories of Sachin's first outing as opener in Auckland.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it has more to do with youthfulness and fair skin (ugh subcontinental beauty standards) than anything else. Being clean shaven is generally perceived to be youthful looking, yes.

I couldn't tell you anything about the origin of the term. A direct translation would be slick.

wrongun

Banned
I think it has more to do with youthfulness and fair skin (ugh subcontinental beauty standards) than anything else. Being clean shaven is generally perceived to be youthful looking, yes.

I couldn't tell you anything about the origin of the term. A direct translation would be slick.
It's actually Bombay slang. And sometimes used as a diss too. Depends. Some of my friends still use it....I cant let go off the street life once im back home....Joe Root is definitely a chikna. Also, Trent Boult needs to take this game over.

trundler

Root is definitely the archetypal chinka. Good spot. If that's Bombay slang then it's crazy how it's made its way all the way Pakistani Punjab.

Fusion

Global Moderator
England are NZ are the most undeserving of the 4 semi finalists by far. I hope Aus win their 6th.
Holy hell man, let it go! You know who definitely doesn't deserve to be in the semis? Pakistan, that's who! Knew the rules going into the tournament and should have realized losing to WI by a billion runs was going to come back to haunt them.

Anyway, looking forward to this match as I need NZ to pull off an upset to put me on top of my office WC pool!

rythy

School Boy/Girl Captain
It has happened in the past that teams outside the top 2 teams in the league stages end up winning the crown. India 1983, Pak 1992 and Aus 1999 being examples. Doesn't make them undeserving victors.
Aussies winning a freaking 6th time is neither good for the game nor for the health of this forum :)

And if you are mentioning about undeserving semi-finalists, that is clearly not the case. Eng and NZ were ahead of every team other than Ind and Aus and ultimately that is what matters.
lol. Yeah. Anyone but Aussies. 6 will be too much.

Someone needs to close the gap and who better than India :p

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Holy hell man, let it go! You know who definitely doesn't deserve to be in the semis? Pakistan, that's who! Knew the rules going into the tournament and should have realized losing to WI by a billion runs was going to come back to haunt them.

Anyway, looking forward to this match as I need NZ to pull off an upset to put me on top of my office WC pool!
Actually the WI match is a bit of a misnomer. Even if Pakistan had lost that match by a run, they would have still had to beat Bangladesh by 100+ runs to qualify. Either way, this is not the thread for Pakistan you're right.

Looking forward to this match. Hope whoever wins this loses the final.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Why didn't they magic up these flat decks sooner? Did they lengthen the boundaries when India batted? And was the coin toss rigged?

It's all a conspiracy!!

Lordy lord.

Move on.
Agree with all of what you're saying except the boundary size. The smallest permissible boundary size by ICC should not be breached.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Agree with all of what you're saying except the boundary size. The smallest permissible boundary size by ICC should not be breached.
Probably agree. But it's not all part of some anti-Pakistan conspiracy as our friend is making out.

Just poor planning on part of the ICC.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Google's pre match odds are India 74%

Though this changed from 67% yesterday. Not sure how they compute it.

trundler

Lockie Ferguson to reveal that he's got an extra trick up his sleeve. He'll go full Shane Bond + Hadlee and nail Indian batsmen in front as they **** themselves. A repeat of that scorecard where half the Indian batting order retired hurt against WI may occur.