• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Quarter Final - South Africa v Sri Lanka (18th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Niall

International Coach
Yeah but for most of the WC its been Amla still there.
Fair point.

I dunno, he needs runs any runs really!

This may give him some confidence for the Semi.

On Amla, probably a little harsh now I think about it, if I was South African I'd rather he saved his runs for the semi and possible final. He has a good record against NZ doesn't he?

Flem274*

123/5
papering over the cracks

nah srsly if nz prove themselves good enough to face these blokes next week it could hurt.

Quaggas

State Captain
Fair point.

I dunno, he needs runs any runs really!

This may give him some confidence for the Semi.

On Amla, probably a little harsh now I think about it, if I was South African I'd rather he saved his runs for the semi and possible final. He has a good record against NZ doesn't he?
In fact, the entire batting lineup should do that. Wait, what?

Howsie

International Captain
NZ or the Windies...let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
Jesus. If New Zealand were to lose that game we'd no doubt have that biggest chokers tag handed to us. Half a dozen semi final losses and then with our best team ever we lose against that heap of dog turd.....

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Misbah at least struck at 65 (if Sanga did that less would be complaining) and Pakistan made a solid start unlike Sri Lanka. They aren't that similar IMO.
Sanga didn't strike at 65 because the rest of the team fell in a heap and didn't give the innings a chance to truly accelerate. I don't get why Sanga takes the blame for batting slowly when the entire innings lasted 33 overs. If they'd batted close to 45 overs and Sanga was slow throughout then I'd criticize him. Here, he was rebuilding. Slowly yes. But he was rebuilding and needed support.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jesus. If New Zealand were to lose that game we'd no doubt have that biggest chokers tag handed to us. Half a dozen semi final losses and then with our best team ever we lose against that heap of dog turd.....
Wouldn't disagree, I still won't be talking about a NZ/SA semi final as an inevitability until I actually see we're over the line.