• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Quarter Final - South Africa v Sri Lanka (18th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
been watching the match , good bowling by SA but some loose shots by Sri Lankan batsman , self destruction . JP Duminy getting a hat trick ????? oh man.

Still think SA has a brittle middle order.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
What a choker Amla is.

Another failure in a knock out game.

Its a disgrace that this guy is considered World Class in limited overs cricket, when he bottles it so much.

Last edited:

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
The rules for lunch need revisiong. How about this , bowl the side out before 50. Have an EARLY lunch break. Too much for the soft minds at ICC ?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
What? They'll lose Sangakkara, Herath, Malinga, Dilshan and Jayawardene very quickly. Apart from Angelo, who else is good that's left?
We don't have anyone world class yet but there is potential from Thirimanne,Chandimal,Chameera has some pace(which needs to be worked with) plus there are a couple of guys in the A team who have been OK. The same thing was said when hashan,aravinda,sanath and vaas retired and we found people to replace them so I am not too concerned.no matter what whilst I am thoroughly disappointed with my teams performance today,always proud to be a Sri Lankan...

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
What a choker Amla is.

Another failure in a knock out game.

Its a disgrace that this guy is considered World Class in limited overs cricket, when he bottles it so much.
I dunno , better than a bigger failure namely Quinton de Kock.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
The rules for lunch need revisiong. How about this , bowl the side out before 50. Have an EARLY lunch break. Too much for the soft minds at ICC ?
It's a requirement by the sponsors. The ICC HAS to allow the 30 mins or whatever for them to blast their ads on TV. This is a commercial necessity, so no point complaining.

Ain't no charity event.

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
Don't like this idea to be honest, since I like eating on a rigid schedule myself. I'll alter my eating schedule on a day by day basis but if I eat lunch at 1 p.m. I'm going to want dinner around 7 p.m. Having it at 6 instead would annoy me, especially if I were in the middle of some kind of physical activity.

Niall

International Coach
I dunno , better than a bigger failure namely Quinton de Kock.
Quinton has time in his side and at least he is still their.
I dunno maybe he will stand up in the semi final, he probably will as I have anti jinx skills, but that would have gone for 4 if it was a bilateral game I reckon.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
It's a requirement by the sponsors. The ICC HAS to allow the 30 mins or whatever for them to blast their ads on TV. This is a commercial necessity, so no point complaining.

Ain't no charity event.
yeah but have a food break for 40mins when the innings ends. I didn't say i wanted to get rid of it.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Quinton has time in his side and at least he is still their.
I dunno maybe he will stand up in the semi final, he probably will as I have anti jinx skills, but that would have gone for 4 if it was a bilateral game I reckon.
Yeah but for most of the WC its been Amla still there.