• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th Match - Bangladesh v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 15th Match of the World Cup between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka (Melbourne Cricket Ground).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could be an interesting one - for whatever it's worth, I thought Bangladesh beat Afghanistan more impressively than Sri Lanka did.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
hopefully this will be the match to kick start us in this tournament and get us into some kind of form for England. I would be surprised if we lost to Bangladesh- having said , i didnt expect us to struggle against Afghanistan like that either !

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon the kick up the ass we got the other day should be enough to get us going, will be there at the game :)

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Not impossible for BD. BD look more motivated than SL. The youngest team v the oldest team. SL batting is strong. Bangladesh bowling is strong. 50:50.

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
Yeah I actually think this is the best chance for Bangladesh to make use of that washout point. I honestly doubt they can beat England in Australia. But I would give them a chance against SL batters in Oz.

Imo if weather condition permits, they should bowl first if they win the toss. From what I have seen in the past, I feel like their batsman do a lot better with a target in sight.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't think I've ever seen Sanga bat live, only seen Herath bowl live once and I'll never get another chance with others like Mahela and Dilshan, so keen

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Mominul at lower down the order is a waste; Nasir although out of touch should play if BD decides to play an extra batsman plus his average is highest against Sri Lanka. I would select for tomorrow:

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Soumya
4. Mahmudullah
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiq
7. Nasir
8. Shabbir
9. Mashrafe
10. Rubel
11. Taskin

I always wanted Mushfiq to bat up the order but looking at the squad if Mushfiq moves up, lower middle order looks fragile. If Nasir could maintain his initial form, I would have probably rooted for Mushfiq at no. 3 position. I don't think Taijul or Sunny would save or get more wickets than the combination of Mahmudullah/ Shabbir/ Soumya/ Nasir as fifth option thus the exclusion.

Last edited:

Luxsan

Cricket Spectator
Bangladesh are a point above Sri Lanka and although the World Cup is still at a very early stage, it is hard to imagine both sides envisioning themselves in their respective positions after their first two matches.

Sri Lanka didn't look convincing for most of their match against Afghanistan, though they won by four wickets on the back of Mahela Jayawardene's century. They looked slow in the match against New Zealand in the tournament opener, and have also been hit by Jeevan Mendis' hamstring injury which has taken him out of the World Cup.

But Sri Lanka have a 37-4 record against Bangladesh in ODIs, and have nearly always dominated them. Last year they won close encounters in the three-match ODI series in Bangladesh, as well as their Asia Cup encounter. Though a couple of matches were close and Bangladesh had their moments, Sri Lanka prevailed. The last time they lost to Bangladesh was in 2013, but have never lost to them in a World Cup.

Bangladesh's preparations were nearly rocked by Mushfiqur Rahim getting knocked on his hand but it is only a bruise so the team's best batsman will be available. Al-Amin Hossain's exit has come as a shock to the squad as well, but captain Mashrafe Mortaza has said the episode is behind them.

Bangladesh's 105-run win over Afghanistan helped them establish their credentials early in the tournament, and the one point from the abandoned game against Australia was the luck they have been seeking since the start of last year. Now they have an opportunity to push their cause and look for a place in the tournament that is beyond only safety and respectability.

Luxsan

Cricket Spectator
Bangladesh are a point above Sri Lanka and although the World Cup is still at a very early stage, it is hard to imagine both sides envisioning themselves in their respective positions after their first two matches.

Sri Lanka didn't look convincing for most of their match against Afghanistan, though they won by four wickets on the back of Mahela Jayawardene's century. They looked slow in the match against New Zealand in the tournament opener, and have also been hit by Jeevan Mendis' hamstring injury which has taken him out of the World Cup.

But Sri Lanka have a 37-4 record against Bangladesh in ODIs, and have nearly always dominated them. Last year they won close encounters in the three-match ODI series in Bangladesh, as well as their Asia Cup encounter. Though a couple of matches were close and Bangladesh had their moments, Sri Lanka prevailed. The last time they lost to Bangladesh was in 2013, but have never lost to them in a World Cup.

Bangladesh's preparations were nearly rocked by Mushfiqur Rahim getting knocked on his hand but it is only a bruise so the team's best batsman will be available. Al-Amin Hossain's exit has come as a shock to the squad as well, but captain Mashrafe Mortaza has said the episode is behind them.

Bangladesh's 105-run win over Afghanistan helped them establish their credentials early in the tournament, and the one point from the abandoned game against Australia was the luck they have been seeking since the start of last year. Now they have an opportunity to push their cause and look for a place in the tournament that is beyond only safety and respectability.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How good is Dilshan? I've loved him ever since his role in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly