• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th June - FINAL - India vs Pakistan

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Well played. No one gave them a chance before the tournament and moreso after first match but they turned it around and finished this in style.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Congrats to Pakistan on a thoroughly deserved win today. You outplayed India in all departments. Have to say gained a lot of respect for Kohli and his graciousness in losing today. Well done to him to on that. Enjoy your victory Pakistan!!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I don't know who he is but a quick google suggests he's a moron who's trying to keep himself relevant by stirring up controversies.

ArsalanSajid

Cricket Spectator
I think yesterday Pakistan completely outclassed India although they had to play their hearts out to beat them but they did it by recognizing the need of it.

Long-Hop

Cricket Spectator
Does cricket NEED a strong India?
Cricket 'needs' a number of good and competitive sides, really don't want one standout top side, that is if it 'needs' anything. I mean we may look back with 'fondness' at two decades of windies and their quicks dominating Tests, nearly did the same in World Cups until the underdog upset them in 1983, and then two decades of aussies doing the same, with World Cup wins in 1987, and 1999 to 2007 - was cricket better for it?

Besides, some thing a strong and powerful India and the BCCI is exactly what cricket doesn't need, and I can appreciate where they're coming from......

Last edited:

Long-Hop

Cricket Spectator
As for the final, well played Pakistan, took your first chance at batting 1st well with some Fakhar batting really well and then India crumbling. Bet Kohli regrets winning the toss, still it is nice to have someone other than India winning a trophy

Would have been nice if the final could have been closer, I thought India's batting might see them win whether they batted 1st or 2nd, Kohli it seems did as well, but facing 320+ is a tremendous total and wickets do help so any bad start in chasing was always going to make life difficult. I wonder how different it may have been had Fakhar not been let off the hook on 8 by a no ball......... Unlucky India? Lucky Fakhar?

Well rules is rules, and these days no balls are checked for. Does further make for ever changing face of cricket and incomparable stats, batsmen out in days gone by didn't get replay reprieves, not by no ball checks or DRS, and now they're changing that even so goalposts moved within a lot of players' careers (don't lose reviews to 'umpires call', not that that particular nonsense should be allowed, it's either hitting or not, in line or not etc)