• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

11th June - Group B - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Man, there is rubbish commentary all around.

No, it's not a defensive move to play Ashwin for Umesh.
No, India shouldn't have batted first. This team, esp Kohli, seems more comfortable chasing a given target. Plus, rain and all that.
You don't "have to have" 3 frontline pacers in England. These aren't tests. Spinners have been doing a fab job this CT, as has been true for LO cricket for a while now.
Yeah AWTA. I think you need to have at least three seamers in your attack, but it's definitely okay for one of them to be your fifth bowler if you've got two good spinners.

Burner

International Regular
Someone fresh coming in could be the best thing for SA here. These guys are struggling

Howe_zat

Audio File
What an old-fashioned score. 50/0 after 13.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 50 opening stand though. Not a bad knock by either of these two so long as they aren't out now. A few premature panics in this thread

hazsa19

International Regular
What an old-fashioned score. 50/0 after 13.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 50 opening stand though. Not a bad knock by either of these two so long as they aren't out now. A few premature panics in this thread
Yeh it's no longer enough to just restrict in Odis. If Amla and De Kock fight through this they're more than capable of getting their SRs up towards 90/100 in fairly short order.

Burner

International Regular
Any ODI team should prefer Jadeja because of his batting and fielding.
No they shouldn't. They both are picked as a bowler and the disparity as bowlers is pretty significant. Just watch how Jadeja is struggling to string together a few dots here. Ashwin is a better ODI bowler by a pretty good margin

cnerd123

likes this
Ashwin bowls a lot of wides for a finger spinner.

This is ominous, they're basically going at 5 RPO with only 1 down and AB to come. I'm scared.