• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

11th June - Group B - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sun Jun 11 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 19:30 AEST | 19:00 ACST | 17:30 AWST)

Group B - India v South Africa
Kennington Oval, London

burr

State Vice-Captain
Got tickets for this one, very excited. Getting to see the likes of QDK, Rabada and ABDV is pretty special. Please don't rain.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Not a fan of the Indian team, I suppose :)
Yes, it's a strange one. They're a gun team India but they're not really packed with marquee players a neutral would pay to see (or me at least), except Kohli. They all just meld into each other. In the ODI arena that is.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Yes, it's a strange one. They're a gun team India but they're not really packed with marquee players a neutral would pay to see (or me at least), except Kohli. They all just meld into each other. In the ODI arena that is.
Rohit looks pretty good when he is on song (Number of times he is on song is of course a different thing)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

I won't say that.. Rohit already has records that no other ODI opener has. Yuvraj on song in a LO game is one of the ***iest sights in all of cricket. And MSD is amongst the greatest ODI batsmen of all time. And his faster than light stumpings can be awesome to watch too. I agree our bowling is not flash and our batting is not as packed with guns as it used to be, but I still think you are underselling this current lot a bit.

Add Jadeja in the field to the list. He is just phenomenal. You have to be at the ground to appreciate how good his anticipation is and how quick he is across the turf and how powerful his arm is. He is almost a left hand version of Symonds in the field.

SeamUp

International Coach
Not expecting much tomorrow. The weather is fine so just hoping it's a corker of a game.

smash84

The Tiger King
ABDV and amla to score half centuries around a SA collapse.

Kohli to score a ton.

SA to bottle it since its a knockout match

91Jmay

International Coach
Weather looks good tomorrow, earliest chance of rain is 8PM apparently.

So it will probably be washed out.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
If Ashwin is playing I hope it is in place of Jadeja and not Jadhav. Jadhav is good at striking the ball in last few and also at playing long consolidation knocks, something you can't say about Hardik or Jaddu.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah you can get the left arm spin option from Yuvi. I would like to see Ash play ahead of Jaddu too, but you never know. They may well have him come in for Pandya.

Feel sad about today's game already. Don't want either team to leave the competition so early. India coz its my country and I am obviously biased, but RSA are such a good side to watch and losing the likes of Amla, AB, QdK, Tahir is a blow to any tournament.

I do understand both teams are in this situation only coz of themselves. And Pak/SL deserve to go on just as much as any other side in this competition does.. Just from a personal preference PoV, feel bad we have to lose one of these two teams after today.