• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why can't we all be friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To answer Adders' query. I was once given a brutal six month sentence. I continued to read the forum, though not as much as I would if allowed to post. Always figured I'd return at the end of the ban

As it was, I sent the mods an email after about a month of the six asking them to reconsider the length, with a promise to behave, and they did - it was cut to three

I had pretty much waged war against them for a good 9 months or so, but at the end of the day they aren't unreasonable. Yes I still disagree with certain things about how the site is moderated, though by and large it's the best it's ever been, but I don't think it's as cut and dry as 'they don't want me so **** them'

And tbf I wouldnt say I changed as a poster afterwards, the errr problem that led to my issues was pretty much gone, and the time off (and a few rants on CS) let me get rid of some of the silliness that was leading me to take **** out on the whole forum, rather than just one **** who had got to me

It just depends doesn't it? Aussie got banned for two years, came back after about five, and I don't think he had changed all that much. Granted part of it was people still went at him for the stuff from years earlier. On the other hand benchmark, who I'm no great lover of, came back after about 3-4 years banned in 2010 and for a good solid year, year and a half was a different guy to the obnoxious whopper who copped a perma in 2006.

What happened afterwards I won't comment on, not even sure what my point is anymore

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe we should un-ban Fiery without notifying him; give him a chance to make his way back and change his ways.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There is an option whereby we can make friends of cw users. I have Richard added as a friend, ftr.

Howe_zat

Audio File
GIMH and Benchmark are examples of posters who always had plenty of support, in GIMH's case from the vast majority, and it takes something quite special for these posters to get banned. If a poster is actually divisive (i.e. you're not just using that as a euphamism) there there is plenty of avenue to return because people accept that the big event probably won't happen again.

There are some posters who aren't allowed back, not by the mods but by the populace, and if that happens - when you've clearly destroyed your relationship on the boards with everyone - I have no idea why you'd be back.

But then I wouldn't post on a board where everyone thinks I'm a wanker in the first place.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe we should un-ban Fiery without notifying him; give him a chance to make his way back and change his ways.
Do you actually send a notification to a user telling them their ban is up??? Why on earth would you do that?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, in the case of an appealed or overturned perma there'd be some form of associated correspondence.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, in the case of an appealed or overturned perma there'd be some form of associated correspondence.
Isn't that a little unfair on guys who don't have much pull on here, or haven't been here for long who feel they've been unfairly perma'd?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I can't think of a single occurrence of that happening under the infraction system.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I mean, literally 99% of permas handed out are for spambots. And if we're perma-ing an actual poster, there's generally been enough communication such that they know it's possible to send us an email to discuss things. I really have no idea what your point is.

Status
Not open for further replies.