• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
So this post was not made by an actual person but by a bot?

How does this work? Can some techie please explain? Extra points if you can start with what a bot is. All I know about bots is that I have to prove I am not one by typing some random letters or solving picture exercises before joining CW.
this post was already made on another forum a few days ago

Have you ever been banned from anywhere? | IGN Boards

i'm guessing whoever was behind the hbk bot (hi Nathan!) has a crawler going on popular forums and reposts popular questions from there

Bijed

International Regular
Why would you need to do that. Are there members only areas that you have to log in to see?
I think some pictures may not appear if you're browsing as a guest depending on whether they're uploaded from someone's computer or grabbed from a web address, and then it depends on if the 'retrieve remote file' box was ticked.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah the real reason why you would need an inactive multi when banned is for 'New Posts'

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So you can like posts sarcastically then quickly unlike them before a mod sees
I made one while I was banned to do exactly that but ****ing pews had to be a killjoy and warned me to stop because liking is still technically 'contributing' to the forum.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What did Francis do?

Always struck me as a fairly harmless oddball. Never had much to do with him directly though

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
What did Francis do?

Always struck me as a fairly harmless oddball. Never had much to do with him directly though
Unless you spend time in the rugby thread you won't have much to do with him..... but he trolls a bit sometimes, but in this case made a bit of an inappropriate comment. I would not think enough to get a ban, but if he already had some points.