• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nope, there's the fact that he's a bot who only generated threads. Weighing up the fact that some of those actually led to decent discussion against the possibility that there's other reasons for it occurring need to be weighed up.

Howe_zat

Audio File
why was it occurring, do we think?

if i write a bot that makes off topic threads on 12 different unrelated forums, what do i get out of it?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
why was it occurring, do we think?

if i write a bot that makes off topic threads on 12 different unrelated forums, what do i get out of it?
Yeah it was odd. Usually this sort of bot would edit its own posts a few weeks down the line and put ads in them, but this one never did that.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if ***** can manage it so proficiently then it's not hard to imagine a bot having the capability.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it was odd. Usually this sort of bot would edit its own posts a few weeks down the line and put ads in them, but this one never did that.
Isn't there a time limit beyond which you can't edit? Or does it not apply to the OP?

Also if one is banned, is it ok to make a multi solely for browsing purposes?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Can be from forums

I have been banned from local shop , some kid said they saw me stealing which I didn't.
So this post was not made by an actual person but by a bot?

How does this work? Can some techie please explain? Extra points if you can start with what a bot is. All I know about bots is that I have to prove I am not one by typing some random letters or solving picture exercises before joining CW.

Last edited: