Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A plea for non-discrimination

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    For anyone following it is as clear as day that there is far too much sensitivity around Sachin and the Indian team. Yes, let's not generalise; it is not everybody, but let's not deny the obvious.

If a fan wants to say that Sachin chokes under pressure or say Chokedulkar, then they should be able to considering lord knows how many people still call Hayden an FTB or make fun of Broad's sexual orientation.

Sure, context plays a part but the problem is the sensitivity has gotten to such a point that no one can ever joke about the others because everyone knows there is undue sensitivity. That's almost automatically taken; as if the person who starts to lighten the mood or joke around is doing so as a troll.
    ★★★★★

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Mocking Tendulkar is probably the easiest way to provoke a section of Indian fans and it is often the motive behind positng negatively about Mr. T. That IMO is the reason why negative posts about Mr. T get special attention.

So if all us English posters decide to take massive offense to any jibe at Broad, will that lead to bans for those who ridicule him?

Or will we get told to grow up?

And is that fair and equal?
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    yes if all Pakistan fans were to take offense at jibes and references to Sami (I know it is impossible to take offense at anything that anybody says or does to Sami but let's suppose) then should there be bans and infractions for ridiculing Sami?
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    So if all us English posters decide to take massive offense to any jibe at Broad, will that lead to bans for those who ridicule him?

Or will we get told to grow up?

And is that fair and equal?
    I am not sure If Tendulkar Vs. Broad is a fair comparison. A lot of the criticism Broad get is basically because of his own behavior, a similar comparison would be someone like Harbhajan. Bhajji gets the abuse even when he does some good. I do not remember many fans complaining about Non-Indian Members having a go at Bhajji.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    OK, if Tendulkar vs Broad isn't fair, what about the constant comments about England's foreigners?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    OK, if Tendulkar vs Broad isn't fair, what about the constant comments about England's foreigners?
    I am sure a lot of those comments are passed to rile up the English fans. And those member should be warned and if they still do not understand then they should be banned.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I am not sure If Tendulkar Vs. Broad is a fair comparison. A lot of the criticism Broad get is basically because of his own behavior, a similar comparison would be someone like Harbhajan. Bhajji gets the abuse even when he does some good. I do not remember many fans complaining about Non-Indian Members having a go at Bhajji.
    Fair point and (IMHO) there does seem to be something of an unwritten rule about chaps whose on-field behaviour being less than one might hope for being fairer game than those who comport themselves with a certain dignity.

However, it must be said, Sachin isn't quite a latterday saint like (say) Dravid or Gilchrist. The quibbles are relatively minor ones, but one might perhaps say he could be called up on his selective deafness or his pernickety complaining about the Edgbaston sightscreens.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

While I disagree with you that Sachin isn't a saint like Dravid/Gilly, I can understand why anyone would hold such an opinion (e.g. Monkey Gate). And fans do call up on his selective deafness whenever they can and I don't think anyone protests those comments.

Bun
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Fair point and (IMHO) there does seem to be something of an unwritten rule about chaps whose on-field behaviour being less than one might hope for being fairer game than those who comport themselves with a certain dignity.

However, it must be said, Sachin isn't quite a latterday saint like (say) Dravid or Gilchrist. The quibbles are relatively minor ones, but one might perhaps say he could be called up on his selective deafness or his pernickety complaining about the Edgbaston sightscreens.
    Lol, that's scavenging the bottom of the barrell looking for having a go at Sachin... dire.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Lol, that's scavenging the bottom of the barrell looking for having a go at Sachin... dire.
    Not really, it can get pretty annoying.

And the last few posts by Sanz sums it up nicely.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Bloody hell. I wasn't having a go at Sachin, just pointing out that some of his non-countrymen might see "issues" that he could be criticised over.

The fact you jump on me when I just suggest what they are kinda adds weight to fred's original point, eh?

Bun
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Bloody hell. I wasn't having a go at Sachin, just pointing out that some of his non-countrymen might see "issues" that he could be criticised over.

The fact you jump on me when I just suggest what they are kinda adds weight to fred's original point, eh?
    You had a go at Sachin. I defended it. end of matter. no need to get so worked up mate.

btw congratulations. i owe u and GIMH one

@Bun. I disagree that Brumby was having a go at Sachin.

@Brumby, Fred's point will be proven if you get infracted for your posts and Bun walks away freely.

Bun
    Banned
    @Bun. I disagree that Brumby was having a go at Sachin.

@Brumby, Fred's point will be proven if you get infracted for your posts and Bun walks away freely.
    what's the infraction worthy part in my post? :?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information