• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A plea for non-discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, that's scavenging the bottom of the barrell looking for having a go at Sachin... dire.
Not really, it can get pretty annoying.

And the last few posts by Sanz sums it up nicely.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lol, that's scavenging the bottom of the barrell looking for having a go at Sachin... dire.
Bloody hell. I wasn't having a go at Sachin, just pointing out that some of his non-countrymen might see "issues" that he could be criticised over.

The fact you jump on me when I just suggest what they are kinda adds weight to fred's original point, eh?

Bun

Banned
Bloody hell. I wasn't having a go at Sachin, just pointing out that some of his non-countrymen might see "issues" that he could be criticised over.

The fact you jump on me when I just suggest what they are kinda adds weight to fred's original point, eh?
You had a go at Sachin. I defended it. end of matter. no need to get so worked up mate.

btw congratulations. i owe u and GIMH one :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
@Bun. I disagree that Brumby was having a go at Sachin.

@Brumby, Fred's point will be proven if you get infracted for your posts and Bun walks away freely. :laugh::laugh:

Bun

Banned
@Bun. I disagree that Brumby was having a go at Sachin.

@Brumby, Fred's point will be proven if you get infracted for your posts and Bun walks away freely. :laugh::laugh:
what's the infraction worthy part in my post? :?

Bun

Banned
okay, I misunderstood that post. sorry mate.
btw how many points one need to accumulate to get a ban? I find it extremely hilarious to receive a welcome 8 pointer for a totally harmless post. I wonder how I was insulting anyone int hat?

Fusion

Global Moderator
btw how many points one need to accumulate to get a ban? I find it extremely hilarious to receive a welcome 8 pointer for a totally harmless post. I wonder how I was insulting anyone int hat?
You were not given an infraction for insulting someone, it was for text speak. You've been asked repeatedly not to post in that manner before.

Flem274*

123/5
Fifteen points tips you over the line.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I find it interesting that we've had three mods post in this thread and none of them have responded to the actual topic.

Flem274*

123/5
I find it interesting that we've had three mods post in this thread and none of them have responded to the actual topic.
There's not much left to say that hasn't already been said for our side by the membership. I know Fertang is referring to this post.

Just another example of Tendulkar failing when the pressure was really on him.
Viewed in isolation, that's not much to write home about in terms of bans, that's a "shut up and stop baiting". But it isn't in isolation, it is one example of the sorts of posts he has been making for a long time. When you lump in several posts like that with the personal insults and all the other rubbish, his coffin is nailed and he is getting a ban.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
great post....

I see that one week banning has done GS a world of good :ph34r:

Have to agree that the level of protection does depend on the player's status to a huge extent.

Nobody offered any protection to poor Mohammad Sami :ph34r:
haha never. I've just been really busy lately so I haven't gone into CC looking for entertainment

Fusion

Global Moderator
There's not much left to say that hasn't already been said for our side by the membership.
Feel the same way. Other members have already made great points as to why there is not a "do not criticize" Tendulkar policy. To reiterate, context is everything. If we feel that ANY player is being insulted just to bait other members into reacting, then we will take action. We don't have any directives to protect Tendulkar from James or anyone else.

As for GF's banning, IMO it was clear that he had been trolling for a while. I think most people that have commented on the banning (many of them neutrals), are of the same opinion. He wasn't banned for just a single post, but rather a pattern of posting.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You know what, this thread was specifically not meant to be about Furball's ban. ****ing hell, I made one referencing it and it got shut down, but whatever. But if you guys think he was trolling, whatever, as you say, others agree, but you've misused the infraction system, and its a bit ****ed up. If you can't see that you shouldn't be a mod, end of.

But to say 'the members have represented us' or whatever, grow some ****ing balls yeah? Sure, there's a divide on this issue. So which members have represented you? The ones that think you're doing a good job of course. LOL. Uppercut's post was probably the best in the thread because both sides do raise valid points. Which means you lot need to do something about it.

The moderation of this forum is atrocious. There is no consistency, the communication is patronising at best and non-existent at worst. What I hate is that I pretty much like every mod as a poster but as mods I only rate a couple.

And I don't speak for the whole forum and I know that but I'm not alone in my views either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.