• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Venting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah that part is my bad.. I do accept that. I was juz venting coz I thought it was ridiculous for Burgey to get away with that...
This is where we're going to have to agree to disagree. You might not like what Burgey's said, but he hasn't been racist, and hasn't insulted you or anyone else personally.

As for the following:

do you even have any idea of the instances that have happened between Bucknor and India or are you jus being stupid for the sake of it in this thread?
That's not the reason why I closed the thread, but I mentioned it in passing because it's not a great post. There wasn't any need to call Burgey or his opinion stupid.

pasag

RTDAS
It may be... But you see, it can't be the same for everyone. Sometimes, mods don't do the job and there is a post or two that is simply baiting users of certain nations/communities or fans of certain players.. And what is wrong with calling someone's stupid opinion on a certain matter as "stupid"? Unless Burgey has got ANY kind of fact to back up his stupid claim, I am more than justified in reacting this way, I feel...
If you know it's bait then why do you ALWAYS take it? Tbh it takes two to tango and more often then not you're the second guy. You're always at the heart of every stupid India vs whoever thing, feeling the need to respond to every comment with a series of mumbo jumbo posts or stupid sarcastic remarks or smileys, defending anything Indian as if it's your sacred duty often digging up old stuff as GIMH waaay after the dust has settled.

I would never have brought this up but in your ridiculous crusade against Burgey and other top shelf posters, I couldn't resist. That's my rant, in the spirit of this thread.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If you know it's bait then why do you ALWAYS take it? Tbh it takes two to tango and more often then not you're the second guy. You're always at the heart of every stupid India vs whoever thing, feeling the need to respond to every comment with a series of mumbo jumbo posts or stupid sarcastic remarks or smileys, defending anything Indian as if it's your sacred duty often digging up old stuff as GIMH waaay after the dust has settled.

I would never have brought this up but in your ridiculous crusade against Burgey and other top shelf posters, I couldn't resist. That's my rant, in the spirit of this thread.
lol..mate. I didn't jump in every India thread... Whatever you are talking about, would have been the same thing in all the threads.. Care to point out instances though? And as for the thread at hand, if no one else is gonna call them on it, I will.. That was my point.

And GF, I am not asking for a warning or anything, but there have been posts on which mods have acted for baiting and I felt that this was another such instance...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

mumbo jumbo, sarcastic and all that nonsense could be applied to what Burgey said as well.. And I know as well as anyone that he is a top shelf poster, doesn't mean he doesn't sprout out nonsense every now and then.. This was one of those instances and I said it.. I don't have to defend anything Indian as must have been clear from my positions on various Vs threads and BCCI threads.. FAce it, Zac, what Burgey said was baseless and hence stupid.

A post doesn't have to be stupid or deserve a warning ONLY if a person/team is insulted or is racist.. Baiting a whole community here is just as worse, AFAIC.. And just because he has a history of good posts should not mean squat in calling him on it.

Sir Alex

Banned
So alleging unsubstantiated stuff against particular teams are okay? And to call them stupid (not the poster, but the post) is not okay?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What was alleged against a particular team exactly?

Burgey said that he got the impression there was a victim mentality in Indian cricket. That is not an allegation as far as I can see.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This is where we're going to have to agree to disagree. You might not like what Burgey's said, but he hasn't been racist, and hasn't insulted you or anyone else personally.

As for the following:

That's not the reason why I closed the thread, but I mentioned it in passing because it's not a great post. There wasn't any need to call Burgey or his opinion stupid.
How about this post of Burgey then Mr.Furball ?

No no, you've got it wrong.

I said Ganguly was a ****, not because he complained - it's just that I think he's a ****.

Then there was all this **** posted, by you and others, about how bad Steve Bucknor was and some other **** about how he and the ICC took all the matches and series India should have won and hid them in a hangar at Area 51 with that flying saucer from Men In Black, thus depriving them of their rightful status of being the only undefeated side in Test history.

I then said no, I think there's a victim complex in Indian cricket (which no one btw has seemingly sought to dispute, other than that satyam muppet, but he seems a brain dead ****wit who doesn't know what a victim complex is).

Then you said, as most 8 year olds do when they don't like something, "well what about John Wright? You must hate him too?"

I still don't see what John Wright complaining about something has to do with my thinking Ganguly's a **** though.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2191003-post330.html

Not only he is personal abusing ,he also has the sequence of events all wrong and is distorting it.
If he can't understand the point made,why debate it.

Not only this there were several trying to be oversmart sarcastic jabs ,in that thread trying to trivialize a serious issue by a couple of members,one of which was hauled up by Vic_Orthodox too.

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
What was alleged against a particular team exactly?

Burgey said that he got the impression there was a victim mentality in Indian cricket. That is not an allegation as far as I can see.
I respect him as a poster very much.

But remarking something negative about a team obviously needs some sort of credible backup, particularly the assertion that 'it was so much to pull them down' etc look like cheap shots rather than an attempt at any serious and honest discussion for me.

And lol at someone suggesting that fans shouldn't respond to such posts unless they're personally at the receiving end.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't even know what you're going on about, but they certainly weren't cheap shots. He gave his honest opinion.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right now I'm at the gym pretending I'm dropping a weight in an un-named person's head.

Later when I have more time I will, assuming the thread is still open, respond.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It's strange that a particular mod is blaming someone for just saying that you have no Idea what you are talking about ,when the other person in that thread has made personal abuses, Some trying to be oversmart cheap snippets and also accused a whole team and a many supporters of having victim complex(Though i do not think that is a offence in rule term really.)

And before anyone says that he was not accusing any supporter of having a victim complex

Been robbed of every series they've lost since at least 46-47 I reckon mate. Dastardly umpiring, the other side cheating.

Should be a Royal Commission into it. You can chair it. Fair and balanced.
This is one of the many cheap snippet replies in that thread-

Sometimes I perceive (as an outsider) that there's a massive victims complex in the culture of Indian cricket (not everyone obviously).
And this is another post.I guess the Culture of Indian cricket ought to include the Supporters?

What is also pretty interesting is the same mod says in this thread that there was no personal abuses against anyone by Burgey when in fact there was this,which was reported by me-

No no, you've got it wrong.

I said Ganguly was a ****, not because he complained - it's just that I think he's a ****.

Then there was all this **** posted, by you and others, about how bad Steve Bucknor was and some other **** about how he and the ICC took all the matches and series India should have won and hid them in a hangar at Area 51 with that flying saucer from Men In Black, thus depriving them of their rightful status of being the only undefeated side in Test history.

I then said no, I think there's a victim complex in Indian cricket (which no one btw has seemingly sought to dispute, other than that satyam muppet, but he seems a brain dead ****wit who doesn't know what a victim complex is).

Then you said, as most 8 year olds do when they don't like something, "well what about John Wright? You must hate him too?"

I still don't see what John Wright complaining about something has to do with my thinking Ganguly's a **** though.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2191003-post330.html

I also asked for it to be deleted atleast here-

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2191042-post342.html

Not only he is personal abusing ,he also has the sequence of events all wrong and is distorting it.
If he can't understand the point made,why debate it.

Not only this there were several trying to be oversmart sarcastic jabs ,in that thread trying to trivialize a serious issue by a couple of members,one of which was hauled up by Vic_Orthodox too.

What irked me most in that thread,more than the personal abuses and made me debate the Bucknor issue in that thread was the type of cheap comments that were made my some members showing as if the mentioning of that issue was hilarious and that thinking something based on facts which i presented was funny because they did not agree with you.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
As far as I understand things, the correct way to Vent about a CW related problem is to get banned and cry to your parents about it. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just because you guys don't have a victim mentality doesn't mean we're not all out to get you.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
*giggles while reading thread*

Really, no really? Some of y'all need a break. If you think a guy is trolling, ignore it and he'll be discouraged from doing so again.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a pity you don't have the option to add a musical track to a thread on here, this one would be great if accompanied by Vivaldi's Four Seasons or some other dramatic classical numbers.

Might try it while listening to my mp3 player to see if it adds or detracts...

Status
Not open for further replies.