• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
fredfertang
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• They were the last men to dismiss the Mohammad brothers in Tests ie Benaud got Wazir, Yuile got Hanif, Yardley dismissed Mushtaq and Sylvers ended Sadiq's career
    Matches 3, 6 and 21.

To be honest getting a total of 55 from the last 5 rounds has cost you more than missing 3 rounds. Ignoring everyone's scores from those rounds, you'd be 5th.
    A ban would be disastrous...what the hell would I do on my way to work

Will have to curb my use of the dreaded b-word
    Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon Buffoon
    Its definitely the hardest question this year - as I say, I've answers to all the others which I believe to be correct. I assume its an English cricketer, rather than an overseas one, because of the wording which starts the question. I'll use the names you provided as a base to see if I can find anything, thanks for those.
    I'm wondering if you could cast your eye over one of the question's in the TWC quiz for me? I'm happy enough with the rest of the questions as its a slightly easier quiz this year. The one I have no answer to is a 'who said it' quote: "Which Test cricketer, who never captained England, wrote: “Personally, I prefer to see an amateur as captain, and most professionals prefer it, especially in international cricket, chiefly because of its social side and because of the natural dislike of professionals to boss their own fellows”?" If you've any idea of who might've said it, or even something to put me on the right track, that'd be great.
    Hi Fred - as you probably remember around this time of year I like to enter the TWC quiz, but my copy's still yet to arrive this year and I'm not sure I'll get it in a hurry with all the Christmas mail. If you're still subscibing to the magazine, would it be too much to ask if you could copy out a section or two of the questions for me so I could make a start to answering the quiz?
    yep, don't wanna derail the thread, but Cureton has been immense this year, 11 goals, and never stops running, and the runs he makes are almost always perfectly timed, touch of ****ing class. I was doubtful about signing him, but blimey was I wrong, must of been splendiferous at his peak, coz he's pretty damn good now.
    Jeez, some of those shots through the covers came off the bat like absolute bullets, the first 6 was huge too! Going to see if there's a Gavaskar clip now, cheers :)
    Jeez, a First Class average in the mid 50s, something like 80(?) centuries? All whilst lacking motivation, wouldn't mind having a 10th of the ability he had then!
    Was just curious because of the Calendar draft, as happens quite often in drafts I find myself trying to decide between two similarly esteemed players who I have little/no knowledge of. Obviously Gavaskar has longevity at the highest level to his advantage, but I've always had a lot of time for Richards. Obviously to be robbed of his time and Test career, it's somewhat endearing that he still had a long and fruitful career plundering County attacks :p
    Hey Martin,
    Noticed you posted a few times in the thread about Barry Richards and Graeme Pollock, just curious as to how highly regarded they are. In particular Richards; how would you say he compares to somebody like Gavaskar?
    Marcuss
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…