• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India Tour of South Africa, 2023/24

capt_Luffy

International Regular
Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I know @Spark mentioned something about Elgar's decision at the toss being an AT bad one or something, but to his credit, he has come out and said he would have put India in had he known the pitch would play like this. And from all accounts, it looks like the pitch did not look that different to a regular Newlands wicket and it was a hot day and blue skies, so I think it was a bit of bad luck as well there for Elgar that the pitch turned out to be as bad as it has.

Molehill

International Captain
Only 3 SA batsmen not called Markram made double figures in this Test, and none went past 15!!

It makes his knock even more ludicrous. He should get MOTM by a margin (but probably won't).

srbhkshk

International Captain
I know @Spark mentioned something about Elgar's decision at the toss being an AT bad one or something, but to his credit, he has come out and said he would have put India in had he known the pitch would play like this. And from all accounts, it looks like the pitch did not look that different to a regular Newlands wicket and it was a hot day and blue skies, so I think it was a bit of bad luck as well there for Elgar that the pitch turned out to be as bad as it has.
It happens with SA all the time when we go there, they win easily enough on the normal bowling friendly pitches but manage to throw in at least one stupidly crazy pitch and end up losing there.

Molehill

International Captain
To be honest, it's not like the pitch has got any easier to play on. I think India have just been better (apart from those daft 11 balls) and would've won no matter what.