• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India Tour of South Africa, 2023/24

srbhkshk

International Captain
been a decent chase although strongly helped by the template never being doubt. Playing your shots the only way to manage anything here.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Markram's knock one of the best ever I have seen for sure. Amazing batting even if we did bowl some crap to him. And only one chance. :notworthy:

ashley bach

International Captain
I know @Spark mentioned something about Elgar's decision at the toss being an AT bad one or something, but to his credit, he has come out and said he would have put India in had he known the pitch would play like this. And from all accounts, it looks like the pitch did not look that different to a regular Newlands wicket and it was a hot day and blue skies, so I think it was a bit of bad luck as well there for Elgar that the pitch turned out to be as bad as it has.
Yeah I don't recall cries to bowl first before any of the action.

ma1978

State Captain
Poor Dean Elgar

Rendered yeoman service for South Africa for over a decade

Will have to live his entire life with the ignominy that his last wicket was taken by Mukesh Kumar

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That was an absolute grubber to get Gill. Feel for him a bit as the leg side strangle and this grubber were both unlucky dismissals. Should have made more in the 2nd innings last test and 1st innings this test though. Cant get yourself in and get out to soft shots in RSA.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Philander has been on comms here and said the pitch looked dodgy right from the start

Basically left more grass on than usual to stop cracks opening up early on
they watered it too late

otherwise it would have settled down post session 1 according to a local SA analyst