• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
N
@Son Of Coco
LOL enjoy being amongst all those happy Queenslanders.
The streets will be a cacophony of twin teeth clacking together tomorrow.

Gee NSW were poor though. I think all talk of Cleary dominating origin can be put to bed until he ceases to choose the same 5th tackle option 30 times a game.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
N

The streets will be a cacophony of twin teeth clacking together tomorrow.

Gee NSW were poor though. I think all talk of Cleary dominating origin can be out to bed until he ceases to choose the same 5th tackle option 30 times a game.
The recipe to succeed in league is pretty simple isn’t it? You have four hard running props, your lock is a link these days and your second rowers are workaholics who can hit a hole. You have powerful wingers to return your kicks and you play it up the other end and be patient, with a fullback who backs up through the guts and a snappy hooker. That’s pretty much it.

Obviously that’s oversimplifying it a tad but the idea you’d leave out Murray and Martin from a starting side for an over the hill Frizzell and a n00b like Young while starting Pangai who’s just a highlights reel player instead of a bloke who consistently has a go is laughable. Fittler has crueled what should have been a NSW dynasty with wanker selections. Should have been sacked after the way he treated Reg last year anyway. Tosser.

Feel sorry for Tedesco - he’s a gun but he’s getting on now. Can never doubt his effort though. Addo Carr is a clown, Crichton I’ve commented on. Luai is hit and miss but has a dig at least. To’o is a weapon.

Honestly, NSW should have run traffic at Fidow, Cobbo and Fifita all night long when they could. None of them are really much chop and they have all the work ethic of a dodgy third year apprentice builder on compo. Again, Fittler a spudand can’t see it

Last edited:

Burgey

Is that all he got? Plays more than that each weekend for the poisoned dwarf up at the chokos

He and Paulo should have started ffs

Mister Wright

The lamenting from the Blues supporters is why Origin is so great. QLD were up against it all game. NSW were lame. How they didn’t put 40 points on QLD with the amount of ball they had was pathetic. Blues had everything go their way. They had a try allowed after a clear knock-on, had QLD down to 12 after the most ridiculous sin binning in history and still couldn’t get the job done.

‘Freddy’ is a myth, how NSW have not won 7 in a row with him in charge just shows how terrible he is as a coach and a selector. Hope the Blues continue with him as their coach for the next 10 years.

social

Does anyone actually think that Freddie is a good coach?

He’s always come across to me as another Alfie - great player, good guy but not a coach

Son Of Coco

Blues had everything go their way. They had a try allowed after a clear knock-on, had QLD down to 12 after the most ridiculous sin binning in history and still couldn’t get the job done.
:laugh:

I mean, the sin-binning was ridiculous. As is the claim we had everything go our way.

We weren't good enough with the ball, and some of the defence was atrocious.

Last edited:

Burgey

QLD were up against it all game.
This is the sort of supplementary chromosome thinking that comes from being a Queenslander, totally ignoring their having a half time lead gifted to them by essentially corrupt match officials who've been on a pro-red neck bender all year. Beyond parody. Genuinely the only time in my history of watching competitive sport that I've stopped watching a contest because it was blatantly obvious how the game was meant to go.

Burgey

Does anyone actually think that Freddie is a good coach?

He’s always come across to me as another Alfie - great player, good guy but not a coach
No one has ever really thought that tbh. But he's like Ricky Stuart - a protected species in the media. He's basically cost NSW five series in a row. He was terrific player but tbh he was over rated as well. Daley was a miles better 5/8th, lets be honest. And neither a patch on Kenny, though there's no shame in that I suppose.

Mister Wright

This is the sort of supplementary chromosome thinking that comes from being a Queenslander, totally ignoring their having a half time lead gifted to them by essentially corrupt match officials who've been on a pro-red neck bender all year. Beyond parody. Genuinely the only time in my history of watching competitive sport that I've stopped watching a contest because it was blatantly obvious how the game was meant to go.
What a joke of a response. Blatant knock-on to go ahead after half time. All the 50-50 calls going NSW’s way. A ridiculous sin binning. Surely, you’d have to be the most most gullible of conspiracy theorists to believe the game was adjudicated in the favour of QLD.

Burgey

Look, I know you have reading issues because Qlder, but as I said I turned the game off at half time because the fix was already in. You're ignoring Frizell's obvious try being disallowed and the knock on a minute before half time being overlooked when the mouth breathers were out on their feet.

The whole shebang is made for Qld to satiate their well deserved insecurities and sense of inferiority, and the NRL is on board with it. Api's try was not a knock on, I suggest you consult the Qld version of the rule book - it has pictures instead of big words. Sin binning looked ordinary to me but I saw it in isolation and not what/ if the bloke had done to warrant it in the lead up. In any event, Qld were always going to be looked after - that's the Origin way.

social

Nah, those days went away with Gomersall

Refs & bunker were terrible all night

Rub of the green went to Qld in first half and to Blues in 2nd

It was dreadful but evened out & NSW definitely can’t blame the refs for their defeat

Kraken

International 12th Man
Nah, those days went away with Gomersall

Refs & bunker were terrible all night

Rub of the green went to Qld in first half and to Blues in 2nd

It was dreadful but evened out & NSW definitely can’t blame the refs for their defeat
i definitely sit more with Burgey in how terrible the refs were, particularly towards nsw, however I do concede that nsw were garbage