• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2022-23

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
The selectors have shown a willingness to make conditions based selections before though, like ditching Starc and selecting Siddle for the 2019 Ashes. Neser's ability in those conditions will be very hard to ignore.
Our lower order batting may also play a part in this tbf. Huge part of us not managing to draw/win in India despite a ripe opportunity was abysmal lower order batting. Starc+Cummins playing together may help that a bit but someone like neser at 8 would make that lower order alot less fragile then Cummins/Lyon at 8 and 9.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree with all of your points guys BUT what was the point of Morris India selection if they don’t take him to England?

He hasn’t been picked for Australia A & doesn’t have a contract with a county

He’s either fallen miles in the pecking order, is being rested for the winter or is a lock IMO

I will be very surprised if it’s not the latter

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's clear he's the backup for Starc's role in the team.
Looks that way. Think it's odd though Morris isn't at least with the Australia A squad, putting so much faith in someone who to the best of my knowledge has never bowler at all with a Dukes ball seems quite the risk tstl

Speaking of Aus A, Joel Paris has unfortunately had to pull out with a back injury. Tough break as he thoroughly deserved to be in the wider conversation for The Ashes tour on his body of work.

Jordan Buckingham gets the callup to replace him. Great if unexpected oppurtunity for him, can't say even I saw this coming and I was just talking him up here the other day

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Looks that way. Think it's odd though Morris isn't at least with the Australia A squad, putting so much faith in someone who to the best of my knowledge has never bowler at all with a Dukes ball seems quite the risk tstl

Speaking of Aus A, Joel Paris has unfortunately had to pull out with a back injury. Tough break as he thoroughly deserved to be in the wider conversation for The Ashes tour on his body of work.

Jordan Buckingham gets the callup to replace him. Great if unexpected oppurtunity for him, can't say even I saw this coming and I was just talking him up here the other day
A great week for J. Buckinghams.

social

Very strange regarding Morris as he’s only played one red ball game since November

If picked for the Ashes, he will be seriously underdone

If not, then why pick him for India when Neser would have been more useful anyway and he could have been playing Shield?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ryan Hackney putting on a late season batting clinic this year. 99 in a 2nd XI game, ton in the Shield, 50 in the 1/4 final, 130 in the semi and now 192 not out and counting in the final.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Ryan Hackney putting on a late season batting clinic this year. 99 in a 2nd XI game, ton in the Shield, 50 in the 1/4 final, 130 in the semi and now 192 not out and counting in the final.
yeah he’s batting really well. Have they batted too long though? Unless I’m mistaken, a draw suits Uni?

Burgey

yeah he’s batting really well. Have they batted too long though? Unless I’m mistaken, a draw suits Uni?
I think it’s the other way around cos Uni lost their qualifying final in the first round iirc. Agree, would be surprised if they’d batted so long needing to win

Kraken

International 12th Man
I think it’s the other way around cos Uni lost their qualifying final in the first round iirc. Agree, would be surprised if they’d batted so long needing to win
ahhhh okay yep that makes way more sense. Assuming you’re right (the way Parra is batting, you would have to think you are), this is genius batting

Burgey

I hoped early on today that Ben Abbott would kick on cos he’s the sort of fella who could blast a ton in a session. Made 30 but wasn’t to be.

Starfighter

Contracts out today https://www.cricket.com.au/news/cri...ris-neser-abbott-jhye-morris-added/2023-04-06

Sean Abbott
Ashton Agar
Scott Boland
Alex Carey
Pat Cummins
Cameron Green
Marcus Harris
Josh Hazlewood
Travis Head
Josh Inglis
Usman Khawaja
Marnus Labuschagne
Nathan Lyon
Mitchell Marsh
Glenn Maxwell
Lance Morris
Todd Murphy
Michael Neser
Jhye Richardson
Steve Smith
Mitchell Starc
Marcus Stoinis
David Warner
Adam Zampa

Big roster this year. Morris is there on half a season and hope, but Harris is probably the real stomach churner. Oh, and Stoinis...

Abbott's presence seems to signal a bigger LO presence going forward, which though I'm not a fan is overdue based on performances.

Not sure why Richardson is there when his fitness to play at all is so uncertain.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Contracts out today https://www.cricket.com.au/news/cri...ris-neser-abbott-jhye-morris-added/2023-04-06

Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Lance Morris, Todd Murphy, Michael Neser, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, David Warner, Adam Zampa
Harris ahead of Renshaw and Handscomb surprises me.

Burgey

The SC part of the test cycle is over isn't it? Can't see Handscomb featuring in the medium term unless we tour there again soon.