• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2022-23

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Whiteman. Renshaw if that doesn't work.

Then pray to the gods.

Bancroft is comfortably better than Harris though IMO.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Whitehead. Renshaw if that doesn't work.

Then pray to the gods.

Bancroft is comfortably better than Harris though IMO.
When you say whitehead I assume you mean Whiteman-Head? Head opening may not be the worst idea honestly. Alot easier to find a test quality #5 than opener.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When you say whitehead I assume you mean Whiteman-Head? Head opening may not be the worst idea honestly. Alot easier to find a test quality #5 than opener.
Haha I just meant Whiteman. My phone disagreed - must have thought I was talking about the Raiders.

I'd consider Whitehead after Khawaja hung them up but Head is really valuable where he is so there'd have to be someone banging down the door as a middle order player.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Exactly, wouldn't have been tried (and failed miserably) in the 2019 Ashes if there was an issue of that sort
I like how it's four years later and we're still not clear which one of harris and bancroft is better

warner will get the gig and then in a moment of genius after we lose a test, we will replace warner with Mitchell Marsh

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have absolutely no faith in Harris at test level

Warner will be given a few tests in England

If he fails then move Marnus up to opener and pick Mitch at 6

Burgey

Will likely happen.

And tbh if Warner had been even half of himself he would still justify his spot ahead of those blokes even though he had such a junk 2019, because you’d think it couldn’t get worse and he could have a series where he chipped in with a few 50s like he did a few tours ago.

But he’s just lost it completely. Being beaten for pace on on even slow decks in India should be the last hurrah, never mind everything else going on technically. He’s a shot duck unfortunately

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I have absolutely no faith in Harris at test level

Warner will be given a few tests in England

If he fails then move Marnus up to opener and pick Mitch at 6
Can we just move on from Mitch marsh the rest cricketer? Much rather just bat Hardie at #6 and move green to 4 and reduce his bowling workload a bit.

Kraken

International 12th Man
Can we just move on from Mitch marsh the rest cricketer? Much rather just bat Hardie at #6 and move green to 4 and reduce his bowling workload a bit.
When smith retires, right? Cause no chance this happens whilst the great man is still wanting to play

Shady Slim

International Coach
i think out of harris warner and bancroft bancroft is probably the least worst but i could see an argument being reasonably made that even though warner's struggled in england as burgey said there's the odd chance he mght stick around for a bit. marcus harris is a screen door on a submarine in english conditions and not much better in australian conditions against attacks that are not Sri Lanka

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they pick Harris in front of Renshaw or Bancroft then what’s the point of Australia A or the Sheffield Shield?

All have faults but Renshaw has scored 3 tons in 3 games for the A team while Bancroft is the highest scorer in the shield

Meanwhile, Harris averaged 37

Make this make sense

TheJediBrah

They need to just pick a young dark horse like Ward or Jewell, even if the domestic numbers don't necessarily support it. No point going back to proven failures.

There's a risk of ****ing up a promising youngster by exposing him too early but you never know who could step up to the plate and perform

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Reality is that bad Warner is still better than the other options
Warner coming off a period where he was one of the leading run scorers in the WC and made 3 hundreds including a triple in the home summer either side of the last ashes averaged 11 and he's a worse player now. He's definitely not better than renshaw.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't agree... yet. Probably speaks more about how lowly I still rate both Bancroft and Harris more than anything else

If Warner does indeed get his marching orders pre Ashes it pretty much has to be Renshaw now IMO, and I'm not even particularly a fan. Would certainly be a least worst option sort of pick, but sometimes in cricket, as in life, that is genuinely the only viable way to go

Shady Slim

International Coach
I wouldn't agree... yet. Probably speaks more about how lowly I still rate both Bancroft and Harris more than anything else

If Warner does indeed get his marching orders pre Ashes it pretty much has to be Renshaw now IMO, and I'm not even particularly a fan. Would certainly be a least worst option sort of pick, but sometimes in cricket, as in life, that is genuinely the only viable way to go
yeah i'm in this boat too. bad warner is better than harris but that's only a function of how abjectly useless harris is and that he's a net negative on the team

bad warner can at least catch