• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2022-23

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Paris has nicked off Harris for single figures and likely saved Aus cricket in the process. Get him on a plane to the ashes.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paris & Behrendorff deserve a lot of respect

Higher honours shot due to injuries but very good professional cricketers who have contributed a lot to WA’s success

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Paris & Behrendorff deserve a lot of respect

Higher honours shot due to injuries but very good professional cricketers who have contributed a lot to WA’s success
Paris could still play test cricket IMO. Only 31, has the best FC bowling average of any pacer in AUS with 100 wickets and has managed to stay fit for longer and longer over these past few years. If he can keep himself together during the A tour of England ide have him in the ashes squad as 6th pacer behind Cummins, Boland, haze, neser and starc.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed. Hasn't done a massive amount in his senior career to date apart from that 41, but him and Connor Sully once pretty much won an U19WC game against England with the bat
Was that the game at the u19 WC in South Africa around the time the pandemic started? Didn't realise Murphy was in that u19 batch.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Feel for sutherland a bit here. Captained the side to 5 from 5 wins to get to the finals, then had the captaincy taken away because handscomb rocked back up for the finals. Then fields well, takes 5fer and makes 82 while top scoring in his teams second dig while the rest of the team does SFA aside from some minor contributions from short, handscomb and boland.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Feel for sutherland a bit here. Captained the side to 5 from 5 wins to get to the finals, then had the captaincy taken away because handscomb rocked back up for the finals. Then fields well, takes 5fer and makes 82 while top scoring in his teams second dig while the rest of the team does SFA aside from some minor contributions from short, handscomb and boland.
Good point. We could have a situation of a player from a losing side is MOM - though Turner and Paris present strong cases from a WA perspective.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Good point. We could have a situation of a player from a losing side is MOM - though Turner and Paris present strong cases from a WA perspective.
I reckon Hardie is a shot aswell. 45 in the first dig and crucial wickets in both innings. Him getting rid of Murphy and Sutherland when he did saved a ton of runs.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Was that the game at the u19 WC in South Africa around the time the pandemic started? Didn't realise Murphy was in that u19 batch.
Yeah that's the one. Same tournament that Jake Fraser-McGurk was ruled out after
being scratched by a monkey.

Looking at the squad, only three players, all seamers (Willans, Marshall, Simpson) haven't played any domestic cricket. That does surprise me tbh that so many have. Yet only Murphy (and Tanveer before he got injured) really have became fairly regular selections

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that's the one. Same tournament that Jake Fraser-McGurk was ruled out after
being scratched by a monkey.

Looking at the squad, only three players, all seamers (Willans, Marshall, Simpson) haven't played any domestic cricket. That does surprise me tbh that so many have. Yet only Murphy (and Tanveer before he got injured) really have became fairly regular selections
That u19 tournament was just odd. The McGurk incident was funny then there was also the Instagram gate thing at the end of the tour that was a bit odd.

Sully is a bit unlucky not to have played more for QLD right? I can't be bothered looking up stats but I remember him being rapid whenever he plays and think he's taken a few poles.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Been real streaky from WA so far. Both of these two have been dropped and more than half the runs scored have come off the edge. Would have been interested to see how this played out if Vic took there catches. WA would have been 3/30 with Sutherland fresh for a spell.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That u19 tournament was just odd. The McGurk incident was funny then there was also the Instagram gate thing at the end of the tour that was a bit odd.

Sully is a bit unlucky not to have played more for QLD right? I can't be bothered looking up stats but I remember him being rapid whenever he plays and think he's taken a few poles.
Had a bunch of injuries iirc. I certainly do rate him though, definitely can get it through when he's up and running. QLD do have a lot of pace bowlers on their books too

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a bunch of injuries iirc. I certainly do rate him though, definitely can get it through when he's up and running. QLD do have a lot of pace bowlers on their books too
Yeah, sandhu-neser-stekekke-Barlett is a handy four man core unit and Sully still has to compete with Edwards ,bazley and wildermuth for a spot outside of that. Plus QLD have all of swepson-sinfield-Kuhnemann and that windmill action guy who took a ton of wickets in the BBL on the spin front. There bowling stocks are really stacked on reflection, plenty of handy Allround options in there aswell.