• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
I've been on this site for roughly 3 or 4 weeks so I might as well introduce myself.

Hi everyone.

A bit about me: love sport especially Cricket, AFL and racing. I also love aviation too.

I used to play cricket but had to stop due to back problems. So I became an umpire. I used to umpire pathway cricket in Western Australia's premier cricket competition - Western Australia Premier cricket which is the pathway to bigger things. I stopped umpiring in 2016.

Was lucky to have a few First Class/T20 players in my games on some occasions when they came back to club cricket. For example having Brad Hogg in some of my games was always good fun - good player as we know.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this forum and great to meet to many cricket fans on here

Have a great Christmas everyone and all the best for 2023.

Cheers.

cnerd123

likes this
I've been on this site for roughly 3 or 4 weeks so I might as well introduce myself.

Hi everyone.

A bit about me: love sport especially Cricket, AFL and racing. I also love aviation too.

I used to play cricket but had to stop due to back problems. So I became an umpire. I used to umpire pathway cricket in Western Australia's premier cricket competition - Western Australia Premier cricket which is the pathway to bigger things. I stopped umpiring in 2016.

Was lucky to have a few First Class/T20 players in my games on some occasions when they came back to club cricket. For example having Brad Hogg in some of my games was always good fun - good player as we know.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this forum and great to meet to many cricket fans on here

Have a great Christmas everyone and all the best for 2023.

Cheers.
welcome to CW

this forum hates umpires, so run away while you still can

BostallBandits

Cricket Spectator
Hey all,

My name is Imran from London. I'm a cricket writer and club level leg spinner. Love playing, writing, and talking about cricket. I'm currently working on a cricket fiction book. I've been lurking around the leg spinner forums for ages and decided I should join and contribute.

Molehill

International Captain
Recently joined here, England and Sussex fan but love all cricket. A healthy interest in Women's Cricket as I helped coach a local Girl's team - my daughter played County Youth Cricket before packing it in at 17.

Previously posted on Cricket 24/7 but that seems to have disappeared since Christmas, anyone know what's happened to it?

Molehill

International Captain
Hi, also new here and another ex C247 member (hi Molehill!). England first and foremost but lover of the game generally.
Hi Ali, do you know what happened at C247? Is Chin ok? Sure you've worked out already who I was there.

FBU

International Debutant
Hi Ali, do you know what happened at C247? Is Chin ok? Sure you've worked out already who I was there.
Who were you at 24/7? It is a shame as the forum had been going to 15 years and has now died. No one able to set up another.

Ali TT

International Debutant
From what I know after being a mod for the last year of its existence was that the hosting was out of date and needed an upgrade. It kept failing and I think chin had enough so asked the hosts to delete it. A shame and unfortunately I didn't have any contact details with chin or the other mods when it went down the last time.

Molehill

International Captain
Who were you at 24/7? It is a shame as the forum had been going to 15 years and has now died. No one able to set up another.
I was Sir Coolerking - how about yourself?

From what I know after being a mod for the last year of its existence was that the hosting was out of date and needed an upgrade. It kept failing and I think chin had enough so asked the hosts to delete it. A shame and unfortunately I didn't have any contact details with chin or the other mods when it went down the last time.
A shame, although the number of posters had definitely reduced over the years. The County fans in particular will miss out though. I kind of miss my sparring with Pet and Jock...

Ali TT

International Debutant
I was Sir Coolerking - how about yourself?

A shame, although the number of posters had definitely reduced over the years. The County fans in particular will miss out though. I kind of miss my sparring with Pet and Jock...
I did for many years, but the debates over COVID wore me down. We came quite close to shutting the lounge down at one point!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Such a storied history of **** fights and recriminations for that forum. Must have been going more like 20 years, despite the sell off and the great banning. I still have a copy of that really long story thread somewhere. That in itself must be 15 years old.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend