• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 12 - 2022/23

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crazy take time

Short should be going to India in place of one of the spinners

Lyon is a given

Murphy for experience

Agar turns it the other way and can bat a bit

Swepson provides pretty much nothing

Short is an elite hitter who can field & bowl some darts
I agree with some of this. Especially the Swepson part. His selection for India is just bad.

But Matt Short is a good bully of domestic bowling on flat wickets, that's about it. I would be hesitant to pick him against top-class international bowlers even in short-form cricket let a lone a Test match in foreign conditions

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree with some of this. Especially the Swepson part. His selection for India is just bad.

But Matt Short is a good bully of domestic bowling on flat wickets, that's about it. I would be hesitant to pick him against top-class international bowlers even in short-form cricket let a lone a Test match in foreign conditions
It’s a low bar here

I would take SOK before Swepson if he makes it through his second over

Burgey

Surely Alex Carey is a better T20 keeper-batsman than either Wade or the Tory Bootlicker?

Burgey

He must be out of coin after his legal action against CA. Will he sue the electorate if it doesn't go well for him?

morgieb

How many cricketers are actually left-leaning? Seems like it’s just Tugga and the Postman (even he might just be culturally progressive) out of the Aussie ones, and I expect the Poms to be even worse in that regard.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
How many cricketers are actually left-leaning? Seems like it’s just Tugga and the Postman (even he might just be culturally progressive) out of the Aussie ones, and I expect the Poms to be even worse in that regard.
I presume Tugga is Steve Waugh but who is the Postman?

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Mark Wood supports the Labour Party but I doubt there's many more of our lot who do.

Most players don't offer any political opinion whilst they're playing but given most of their backgrounds, they'll be Tory *****.

Burgey

Mark Wood supports the Labour Party but I doubt there's many more of our lot who do.

Most players don't offer any political opinion whilst they're playing but given most of their backgrounds, they'll be Tory *****.
Must say, @Ashes81 a markedly improved poster here