• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

DirtyHarry

Cricket Spectator
Sure thing. We beat Sri Lanka at home twice recently so it stands to reason that given we are now playing better overall than we were then we would go in as favourites.

Imbecile
Do u think ur Bazball stuff will work against these teams....no way! Sooner or later u will be back to playing the cricket which forced u to play Bazball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
FYI...Abbas is a quality bowler and he would have been very effective but as I said we didn't took this series seriously. Why waste energy in Tests especially against an average England team.
Yeah definitely saving Abbas for the white ball games where he's more effective.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do think Pakistan were stuck between a rock and a hard place when it came to picking an attack for this series. Abbas could easily have been smashed on these decks if he's not in good nick, Afridi was injured and then they tried to pick a performing domestic seamer in Mohammed Ali who couldn't hack it. I'm not sure there was a simple answer to trying to pick two sensible seamers for the series. I do think Naseem Shah was hard done to for failing on a deck that most bowlers in history would have failed on.

The rest of the side though, yeah, they shot themselves in the foot. There was no reason to play Zahid Mahmood ahead of Abrar which was fairly mercilessly discussed in thread. And it doesn't make sense to pick Salman, Nawaz (3) and Faheem all in the same team either. I thought of those Salman did quite well but he barely bowled, so he should have been batting above the keeper and showing his worth as a bat. If you're not confident he can do that, can him and play a proper batsman, of which there are several waiting in the wings.

At least Saud Shakeel is a good find, as is Abdullah Shafiq from this season in general. Pakistan have a working batting order, a good legspinner and an array of capable second spinners. So as soon as they get 2/3 pace bowlers with a bit of form and confidence (i.e. selectors don't piss about with them) they'll do alright.
Absolutely should have played Yasir Shah unless he was injured, too. I understand he's been down on form but he's at least a proven test performer. It just really seemed like they were basically having a blind guess with the attacks they picked.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I haven't visited there for a while but I'd say generally no. It's honestly more similar to CW than you'd think, with the odd streak of having any excuse to have a dig at the best players. This guy would get the piss taken out of him on there as well.
Yeah it's mostly just smalishah x 1000 in my experience. You get the odd nutter, but we get that here too.

DirtyHarry

Cricket Spectator
Now because England has won everything is good and well for them. Had they lost then they would have come up with excuses like food, hygiene, fever, vomiting etc etc like their predecessors.
Btw, they tried that 'fever' tactic before the first test and comically were cured within 6 hours after scoring 500 runs in a day. Comedians at their best!