• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final | Ind vs Eng | Adelaide, 10 Nov 2022

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At one point someone on the India team fielded the ball on the boundary and went over to pick up his hat before throwing it back to the keeper. Just comically flat.

Teja.

Global Moderator
As I've been saying in the whatsapp chat since yesterday, we deserve this humiliation for glorifying 50 avg 90 SR batting for both ODIs and T20s in our top order for the entire last decade where it is the birth right of of any 1-3 top order batsman in a t20 to be 15* (20) and wet dream to finish with 50* (40).

Unless there are radical changes to the core mentality of the top order, the same culprits will romp, minnow bash and buffet through the group stages to repeat this abject failure again in the 2023 WC just like in 2015 WC, 2017 Champions Trophy, 2019 WC, 2021 T20 WC etc.

The king is dead and the new king has been living too long when only a violent revolution can change the fates of this country. Our only hope is that the 2023 WC will be an extinction level event for the 50 avg 90 SR mentality.

slippy888

International Captain
As I've been saying in the whatsapp chat since yesterday, we deserve this humiliation for glorifying 50 avg 90 SR batting for both ODIs and T20s in our top order for the entire last decade where it is the birth right of of any 1-3 top order batsman in a t20 to be 15* (20) and wet dream to finish with 50* (40).

Unless there are radical changes to the core mentality of the top order, the same culprits will romp, minnow bash and buffet through the group stages to repeat this abject failure again in the 2023 WC just like in 2015 WC, 2017 Champions Trophy, 2019 WC, 2021 T20 WC etc.

The king is dead and the new king has been living too long when only a violent revolution can change the fates of this country. Our only hope is that the 2023 WC will be an extinction level event for the 50 avg 90 SR mentality.

How many changes do you want to see in 50 over and 20 20 team

DriveClub

International Regular

Didn't understand any of this

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
A factor that I think India overlook is how T20 Cricket is constantly evolving, and that you can't just look at form and reputation as a barometer for success in this format.
You need to be both bold and fearless in your selection, and calculated in your method to score quick runs.

Get the likes of Gill, Paddikal, Gaikwad, Jaiswal, Iyer (hasn't he performed?) and Samson in and around this team, and I predict big things in the near future
Bowlers I am unsure of and their respective abilities - but all if the above batsman are international standard imo

Sunil1z

International Debutant

Our selectors need to look beyond IPL orange cap for team selection. Problem starts from there.

slippy888

International Captain
i even for ipl to only have 3 international starters per team to improve over cricket at international level

anil1405

International Captain
A factor that I think India overlook is how T20 Cricket is constantly evolving, and that you can't just look at form and reputation as a barometer for success in this format.
You need to be both bold and fearless in your selection, and calculated in your method to score quick runs.

Get the likes of Gill, Paddikal, Gaikwad, Jaiswal, Iyer (hasn't he performed?) and Samson in and around this team, and I predict big things in the near future
Bowlers I am unsure of and their respective abilities - but all if the above batsman are international standard imo
India's problem is reputation. Once you get it you become immune to being dropped in most cases.

T20 requires a different approach to what the team is used to now. We relied too much on our no.3 and 4 this tournament. Openers lacked intensity and look least bothered.

Bowling needs a big shake up too. Bhuvi is on his last legs and without Bumrah the bowling unit looks average.

The worrying aspect is i don't see a great spinner coming up in the ranks. While Bishnoi appears to be good he isn't being given chances.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor performance from india today, but can we stop acting like the batting was the issue? India let england chase 170 in 16 on a slow deck and bowled+fielded like an under 11's team. Rohit's inning's was poor, but everyone else in the lineup did fine, everyone in the top 5 has made a 50 or more at some point in the tournament and contributed.

anil1405

International Captain
Poor performance from india today, but can we stop acting like the batting was the issue? India let england chase 170 in 16 on a slow deck and bowled+fielded like an under 11's team. Rohit's inning's was poor, but everyone else in the lineup did fine, everyone in the top 5 has made a 50 or more at some point in the tournament and contributed.
Nope. Because there are issues at both ends of that lineup. You can't expect middle order to get the team out of a 55-60/2 in 10 overs situation all the time.