• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 (Afghanistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Ireland)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty classy of Finch to acknowledge how **** he's been. No mealymouthed "it's the win that matters" bs from him, the like of which we've heard so much from the Indian camp in recent times.
Aw that makes me feel a bit sad for Finchy now, he's a human who feels doubts like us all

Can we keep him in the side another 12 months?

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
in fairness, highest score in T20Is by players facing less than 20 balls

Marcus Stoinis 59* (18) yesterday
Yuvraj Singh 58 (14) India v England 2007 World T20
Shoaib Malik 54 (18) Pakistan v Scotland 2021 World T20
Moeen Ali 52 (18) England v South Africa 2022
Colin Munro 50* (14) New Zealand v Sri Lanka 2016
Fewer (not less). Sorry, but this is a major bugbear for grammar pedants.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon he will drop himself for the next game.
I got this vibe too. It would be the best thing he could do and really gain him respect
Massive error of judgement by Shanaka. Should have let Kumara finish his spell. He was threatening, if not wickets, that of health of batsmen. Who knows could have shaken up another batman like Maxwell.
If this game was in Sydney could have been a very different story. Stoinis, David and co. would be all at sea against the spinners

Burgey

I kind of think he already has a fair bit of respect overall. It's difficult to self-analyse as to when a slump becomes an abject decline. True he should have known it by now, but the selectors really needed to tap him on the shoulder 6-12 months ago.

If he does drop himself, Green to opener I suppose. Adds another bowling option which can't hurt. No secret my preference would be TPC in at three, Marsh at four, Maxwell, Stoinis, Wade, Agar and drop the Singapore Sling, who's as hit and miss as anyone else, ordinary in the field and doesn't bowl any more. If he was bowling more I'd probably keep him tbh. Would also bring in Ellis for Cummins, but that won't happen. I know Zampa has been good for ages but Agar is better with the bat and in the field, where Zampa is a bit of a parody. If there's two spinners to be played, then have them both.

TheJediBrah

If Finch is left out we're probably stuck with Cummins to captain the XI

Inconvenient that the 2 players who should be left out the most are the only 2 realistic captaincy candidates

the big bambino

International Captain
Whatever happened to the 2021 Bison?
When you see a patient hooked up to life support and flat lining, they sometimes blip into life, giving hope. Then they start flat lining again. Just like Mitch Marsh's career. ----^---- (Legend ^ = 2021).

Also kudos to Stoinis groupies making the most of one of his rare night outs. He doesn't give you much to brag about so well done for all the told you so's.

Tbf he's not the biggest problem which brings us to Finch. He looked tense in the pre match and it spilled over when Danny M asked him how he's going? "Not bad" he snapped back "and you?". Danny didn't ask any more questions that could be mistaken for form.

Would think about swapping out Finch and David for Smith and Green. Would love to see David make a difference but concede the opinion of some here he's not for this level. Cummins is a worry but as long as he has Kane as a competitor he keeps his spot. We'll need a captain too. Keep Agar.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think that was one of the most painful batting displays I’ve seen before from someone who actually knew it too

I felt bad for the guy. It’s not like he was playing a selfish innings or the like on purpose

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
If Finch is left out we're probably stuck with Cummins to captain the XI

Inconvenient that the 2 players who should be left out the most are the only 2 realistic captaincy candidates
And Smith who can't make the team.

Cummins shouldn't captain (or play) all three forms. Marsh could be captain, while Warner would be an "interesting" choice.