• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Kyrgios seems to have done something The Poo never did this year, which is actually take his training and preparation more seriously. At least according to himself anyway. The results seem to suggest he's made the changes he said he has.
yeah he can win it this year...especially with nadal also out...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
She’s a very conservative religious type with no filter and one of the greatest ever

Perennial clickbait
probably rounds out the top 5 all time in singles, would consider serena, graf, navratilova and evert as greater singles players...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
probably rounds out the top 5 all time in singles, would consider serena, graf, navratilova and evert as greater singles players...
She revolutionised women’s tennis in the same way as Navratilova & Serena

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
She might be miserable now but doubt that she always has been

Simply holds views that not everyone agrees with & has done for most of her life
no back then, the miserable were in the majority but now they are a minority and she stands out more...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Give her modern equipment and chances are that she would more than hold her own
sure, top 5 or top 10 all time essentially means that you are an all-time great...however only 11 of her singles slams are in the open era...actually i would count king too in that list of top of players who are likely better than her at singles...

social

sure, top 5 or top 10 all time essentially means that you are an all-time great...however only 11 of her singles slams are in the open era...actually i would count king too in that list of top of players who are likely better than her at singles...
She’s got the highest winning % in open era tennis

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
She’s got the highest winning % in open era tennis
Misleading at best…Graf, Evert et al played so many more matches and had almost the same winning %…

I agree that she was a great player, just overrated by some people which happens, unfortunately she is also a bigot and a pathetic excuse for a human being, hence difficult to root for…that’s all…

Last edited:

social

Misleading at best…Graf, Evert et al played so many more matches and had almost the same winning %…

I agree that she was a great player, just overrated by some people which happens, unfortunately she is also a bigot and a pathetic excuse for a human being, hence difficult to root for…that’s all…
By your logic, Bradman can’t be regarded as the best batsman ever as he’s got far more holes in his record than Court does

Sport isn’t a popularity contest

It’s about numbers and hers stack up against anyone

Son Of Coco

She’s always held the same views
Was she always a church-going whack job? Or is this something she embraced when she left the sport? I guess it's hard to know as it probably wasn't something that was reported on when she was playing tennis.

She is certainly in the running for having the best name for a tennis player. Tennys Sandgren up there too, and funnily enough, also a bit of a nutter going on what he's said recently. Has there been any research done into the mental health effects of naming your child after elements of the sport they end up playing?

Niall

International Coach
Wasn't impressed with Iga today sadly. She has slowed down somewhat since the reign of terror on clay.

Pegula next then Saba GOAT or Pliskova to get to the final, that won't be easy whatsoever with her current form.

Cilic having one of his random streaks here,,,,1-1 each v mini Rafa.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
By your logic, Bradman can’t be regarded as the best batsman ever as he’s got far more holes in his record than Court does
no he very clearly doesn't. and if you are arguing the difference between her and other greats of the game is analogous to bradman and other greats in cricket, it becomes even more ludicrous and your argument completely falls apart.

Sport isn’t a popularity contest
i know, which is why setting aside my considerable contempt for her as a person, i agreed that she was a great player.

It’s about numbers and hers stack up against anyone
yes and theirs stack up against hers as well and all the ones i mentioned maintained those stats over a much longer period...