• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder if Shakur Stevenson is gonna go up to 135. Him vs Haney could be a very interesting fight for the purists.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
$10 million guaranteed + PPV share changes people

Kambosos missing weight was a massive tell

He looked soft and fought like it

Haney is a good fighter and was shredded

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Inoue Donaire 2 is a great fight.

Beterbiev vs Joe Smith Jr is scary scary scary. Someone is going to get seriously hurt in that fight. Probably Smith Jr but...Beterbiev is kinda old now and he's definitely hittable.

This is a really good year for boxing IMO.

Niall

International Coach
Inoue Donaire 2 is a great fight.

Beterbiev vs Joe Smith Jr is scary scary scary. Someone is going to get seriously hurt in that fight. Probably Smith Jr but...Beterbiev is kinda old now and he's definitely hittable.

This is a really good year for boxing IMO.
Smith is 5/1-6/1 aka 7.0 or so betting wise, he obviously should be the outsider and yes he could get hurt but he can bang and that's worth a small nibble I think.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Smith is 5/1-6/1 aka 7.0 or so betting wise, he obviously should be the outsider and yes he could get hurt but he can bang and that's worth a small nibble I think.
Yeah I think that's worth it, just based on the styles. Beterbiev has been dropped before. It's gonna be brutal either way.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Simiso Buthelezi has died after losing his last bout. He’s not a name I instantly recognised, but the fight had a strange ending. Always a very sad day for the sport.
RIP

Niall

International Coach
Well at least it was a small bet. Bookies knew , I didn't ,,,absolute massacre that.

Hopefully he fights Bivol next, nobody needs to see a fight with Yarde who will get knocked out in 5 rounds.

Last edited:

social

Some high interest fights on the horizon

AJ/Usyk with winner against Fury

Bivol/Beterbiev

Canelo/GGG and then Benavidez

Spence/Crawford

Inoue if he moves up

Fulton/Akhmadaliev

Loma/Davis would be huge

Jermall Charlois stuffing up the mws though as is Taylor @ 140

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Exceptional
Some high interest fights on the horizon

AJ/Usyk with winner against Fury

Bivol/Beterbiev

Canelo/GGG and then Benavidez

Spence/Crawford

Inoue if he moves up

Fulton/Akhmadaliev

Loma/Davis would be huge

Jermall Charlois stuffing up the mws though as is Taylor @ 140
It's a very good year for boxing.

Jesse Rodriguez with an exceptional performance beating up and stopping Rungvisai, should probably put him on the p4p list.

I wonder if we could one day see Inoue vs Rodriguez.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Jai Opetaia's team must have a lot of confidence in him to go from fighting nobodies to fighting Mairis Briedis.

Any of the Aussies know much about Opetaia?

social

Jai Opetaia's team must have a lot of confidence in him to go from fighting nobodies to fighting Mairis Briedis.

Any of the Aussies know much about Opetaia?
First I heard of him was an ad on Foxtel

Fenech has had something to do with him which isn’t always a good thing as he’s got a record of getting guys fights before they’re ready & basically ending their career