• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Elgar's captaincy is also to be complimented. I dunno how it will work out long term but at least for this series, he seems to have really lit a fire under their belly. I felt they looked extremely complacent against SL and even gave them pitches they usually do not roll out for SC teams. But this time, there seemed a real purpose behind every move, including picking Jansen above Olivier in the first test. It could easily have fallen apart and been 3-0 and that shows how big a risk they took and that makes me appreciate this leadership group and especially Elgar that much more.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
they cheated their way to a win

complexion of the game would be different if elgar was out to ashwin
i don't know man, how can we just hang our hat on one bad decision and claim that changed the entire outcome of the match...they still had plenty of batting left to win this...as was proved after his dismissal...ultimately our batsmen lost this match for us, not umpiring decisions...

Dendarii

International Debutant
But this time, there seemed a real purpose behind every move, including picking Jansen above Olivier in the first test.
Jansen instead of Olivier was forced to some extent as Olivier wasn't deemed fit enough to play in the first test. But they still had to pick him rather than one of the other bowlers in the squad, and I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd gone for perennial fallback Beuran Hendricks, although I would have been very annoyed.

Dissector

International Debutant
So everyone agrees this is the end of the road for Rahane? He averages 20 over his last 15 tests and I think that is enough. He has a career he can be proud of with the Australia series as the pinnacle but India needs to move on.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
So everyone agrees this is the end of the road for Rahane? He averages 20 over his last 15 tests and I think that is enough. He has a career he can be proud of with the Australia series as the pinnacle but India needs to move on.
what's the point in us agreeing? the selectors still have to open their ****ing eyes and see what's been apparent to the entire nation for a long time now...

Test Master

Cricket Spectator
I'm going Nortje Rabada Jansen ( dude will only get stronger, faster and wiser) as a front 3 bowlers, in all conditions any pitch. I really believe if these 3 show a little more discipline in their lines and lengths they could cause some nightmares for any batting lineup in the next 3 years. if Maharaj is a question mark due to the conditions then I'd play Ngidi/ Olivier as the full seam attack.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
first look at keegan peterson tonight too. **** me he can play. im a bit scared of him in february/march tbh.

also nice to see the little man temba in the runs this series. always liked watching him play. i thought he'd bat #3 eventually. woops. was it spark who commented earlier that he's the best looking/lowest average player around? yeah man, i agree.

i've defended pujara and rahane on the basis of 'find better' but um, it's probably time. vihari can hold a bat and iyer deserves rope. gill is also a decent talent. it's time for a look, even if it's a bit painful in the short term.
Keegan always scores runs but it's the manner he scores them that's impressive. He looks like he belongs. Temba's problem is hard to decipher. He often looks great and somehow he finds ways to get out. I honestly don't understand how he does it.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
I've been calling for a young gun to step up in this batting lineup, and he stepped indeed. Keegan Peterson take a bow.

Something for SA to build on.

Core team players that will compete and build a team around.

Elgar
Peterson
Bavuma,
RVD
( we havent seen the full array shots from him, but we know the damage he can do. I'm just glad he prizes his wicket)
Rabada
( better stuff from him this test match),

Nortje

Jansen

Maharaj
Rassie is a fighter, he won't give it away that's for sure but... there are players at domestic level that could advance our cause far better than him . He's managed to secure a spot thought sheer willpower but I don't see him being 40 averaging guy.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
but i guess this is an improvement over cronje

they are at least not taking money to lose anymore

this is at least understandable, cheating to win

but the cheating pricks can get ****ed

not all vaccums left by aussies need to be filled ffs
Hansie learn't from you guys and the aussies remember that:)

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Keegan Petersen an absolute pleasure to watch. What a player? Hope he has an outstanding career. Definitely a player to watch for. Pretty positive player and will be seeing him in white ball cricket too no doubt.
He isn't in the running for white ball cricket like would make the 3rd team possibly at the moment no jokes. His strike rate isn't high.