• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do actually. It looked plumb until I saw the side view. If you look at the bounce in the wicket it’s not surprising or the first time the ball has gone over the top. If he had been hit on the crease rather than well outside, maybe.
He didn't have that long a stride imo. His back foot was well within the crease too. I have a hard time buying it wasn't even clipping tbh. Erasmus looked baffled by it too.

It looks odd to me but meh it's not some giant conspiracy. If Kohli hadnt edged one on 7th stump again this wouldn't have mattered :ph34r:

Window

U19 Debutant
I don’t see how India can win from here. I see SA cruising to victory tomorrow. Even a couple of cameos will do. Indian bowlers haven’t been able to get the tail out super cheaply thus far and it isn’t going change now. I doubt we even go past Jansen though tbh.

Just baffling that they continued with 5 bowlers when their batting has been so brittle.

Kirkut

International Regular
Find it weird how Shreyas Iyer didn't play a test tbh. The guy is all class and is now 27, so should be coming into his peak. Why's he on the tour if there are probably reservations about how he'd go in these conditions?
In all honesty the cupboard of batsmen playing lateral movement well is empty, KL Rahul may ocassionally score runs on tricky pitches the rest do not have the technique. I'm not certain if Shreyas Iyer would have handled the bounce and seam movement of South Africa well enough.

Dissector

International Debutant
I think India has a shot. The SA batting to come is inexperienced and there will be some real scoreboard pressure with a series at stake. The Indian bowlers only have one full session to bowl so they will be going hard the whole time. There may be some more turn for Ashwin and he could be especially difficult for a new batsman

OTOH India doesn't have many runs to play with and it might only need a few lucky slogs by a tailender to end the game. Should be a good finish and at least the first hour will be very interesting.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Gambhiring strong everywhere this evening.
no amount of gambhiring is going to help us now and this is coming from the master of all gambhirers so you can take it to the bank, we are ****ed...now have we learnt the lesson that we can't afford to continuously carry 2 1/2 passengers in the middle order and still win against the top sides away? i seriously doubt it...

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
LBW decision didn't seem that weird to me. Pitch with plenty of bounce + getting hit on approximately the kneel roll coming forward means there's always a chance it's going over.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That LBW was out. The hawkeye has been wonky all series and this is not the first time I am even bringing this up. Ashwin's reaction was OTT but understandable in the heat of the moment. Rahul's was stupid and bitchy. Virat's was 100% accurate. I dont care as long as it fires them up.

anil1405

International Captain
It was funny how they showed the replay only after couple of overs and in comparison with Ashwin's delivery in his next over to prove their point because of the backlash they were receiving from Indian players.

While there was no replay of Mayank Agarwal's first test dismissal in that follow up of his bizarre dismissal.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This was the first time ever in test cricket history, that a team lost all 20 wickets out caught as India did

Another proof ball tracking is ****ed this game

Shri

Mr. Glass
It was funny how they showed the replay only after couple of overs and in comparison with Ashwin's delivery in his next over to prove their point because of the backlash they were receiving from Indian players.

While there was no replay of Mayank Agarwal's first test dismissal in that follow up of his bizarre dismissal.
no actually they didn't ever show the side on angle after that moment of cheating

if this is how sa "wins" at home the ****s can enjoy their ****ing bs record