• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Series prediction:

Result: 2-1 SA . Nice
Most runs: Kohli. 2 tons. Welp
Most wickets: Olivier :laugh:
Surprise player (good): Rahane :lol:
Surprise player (bad): Elgar, Pant :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dropped: VDD, Shami Nope
R
O
P
P
E
D

I can see this being pretty much a repeat of the previous tour. The batting is even worse than back then. Hopefully they dont pick 3 number 11s like last time. Best prediction of the lot by a distance. Was basically the same issues as the 2018 tour
Pretty bad but got the big picture right.

ashley bach

International Captain
this series was won by the way SA approached the 4th innings chases.
they appeared totally focused and in the zone, and made extremely difficult situations look easy.
apart from Markram who is really struggling at the moment, they truly valued their wicket like their life depended on it.
congratulations to SA, great signs for them moving forward.

Spark

Global Moderator
See, we still had aw no before Channel 7 and Fox jacked the mics up to 11.

If it were up to me, i'd **** off with fines for general swearing unless its abusive and let the boys cuss.
yeah the point is that beforehand, stump mics were only turned up for the actual delivery, so you'd still hear the aw no's. but you'd hear less of the utterly inane keeper chatter between deliveries when the stump mics used to be turned down.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah the point is that beforehand, stump mics were only turned up for the actual delivery, so you'd still hear the aw no's. but you'd hear less of the utterly inane keeper chatter between deliveries when the stump mics used to be turned down.
Are you telling me you didn't enjoy listening to Billings' accent all day?

Burgey

I feel like the virtue of the stump mics being turned up is to give a wider audience who may never have played the game an actual insight into the Cro Magnon level **** which gets talked on a competitive cricket field. It’s just the worst

OverratedSanity

Ultimately the reckless batting in the Joburg second innings after being 150 odd for 3 was the worst sequence of the series from India. In every other innings, I thought SA comprehensively owned India with pretty unplayable bowling. But large parts of that collapse was just reckless "Oh you'll get one with your name on it" batting. Could've batted SA out of the series right there with a bit of patience. Dont want to take anything away from SA bowlers that innings either, but the approach was incredibly disappointing. Every time we have a collapse you have the same dumb ****s on commentary and on forums go on about how they must start playing shots in the middle of a collapse before you get out instead of trusting your defense. And basically every time it gets disproven and they go quiet.

Rest of the series was brilliant bowling (especially the third test) getting the better of a suspect batting lineup. That collapse felt far more avoidable than the others.

Test Master

Cricket Spectator
I've been calling for a young gun to step up in this batting lineup, and he stepped indeed. Keegan Peterson take a bow.

Something for SA to build on.

Core team players that will compete and build a team around.

Elgar
Peterson
Bavuma,
RVD
( we havent seen the full array shots from him, but we know the damage he can do. I'm just glad he prizes his wicket)
Rabada
( better stuff from him this test match),

Nortje

Jansen

Maharaj

Dendarii

International Debutant
RVD
( we havent seen the full array shots from him, but we know the damage he can do. I'm just glad he prizes his wicket)
Do we really know the damage he can do? He's been fantastic in the shorter formats, but hasn't really delivered in tests, and the question is whether he will or whether he's reached his ceiling and isn't going to be much more than a player who averages mid to high 30s.

I do find it interesting that it's other nationalities who are rating him higher than the South Africans here do. Maybe that's because we're aware of younger local players who we believe have a greater potential and we feel that he's standing in their way.