• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Melbourne - December 26 - 30

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meanwhile it continues to perplex me that England are so convinced that, somehow, Anderson is a better fit than Broad for Australian conditions.
Well he has a better record. I can see why you would think Broad would go better than Anderson in Australia but it has never actually happened.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Dropping Burns or Hameed is a fairly tough one. Hameed the younger player who has had less chances - to drop him after only returning 5 tests ago would look foolhardy. Personally I think Hameed was very luck to be recalled at that point. He'd basically been **** for 3 or 4 years, had one reasonable season and he was recalled. Burns for all his faults does score important runs for England, amongst the failures. I'd have dropped Hameed, but then again I would never have recalled him.

Pope really is becoming Ramprakash/Hick. He'll be recalled probably by March when we tour the West Indies, if not earlier.

Broad is a bellend so no complaints if he is dropped.

The only reason I can see to play Leach is they think he is needed for Smith/Labuschange. His record against left handers is crap (even in county cricket), and he often requires a lot of bowling to find his best form. I'd have gone Bess or just picked 5 seamers again.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
I would have kept butler as a batsman and given the gloves elsewhere
Been a long time since I have seen a performance with the gloves as poor as what he served up last match.
Only worse keeper I can think of was Reece Young. When he kept numerous chances would fly between keeper and first slip and go for four runs.
England’s pick and stick policies are detrimental to team success. Bring back the 1990s selectors ( humour or attempt at humour )

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Dropping Burns or Hameed is a fairly tough one. Hameed the younger player who has had less chances - to drop him after only returning 5 tests ago would look foolhardy. Personally I think Hameed was very luck to be recalled at that point. He'd basically been **** for 3 or 4 years, had one reasonable season and he was recalled. Burns for all his faults does score important runs for England, amongst the failures. I'd have dropped Hameed, but then again I would never have recalled him.

Pope really is becoming Ramprakash/Hick. He'll be recalled probably by March when we tour the West Indies, if not earlier.

Broad is a bellend so no complaints if he is dropped.

The only reason I can see to play Leach is they think he is needed for Smith/Labuschange. His record against left handers is crap (even in county cricket), and he often requires a lot of bowling to find his best form. I'd have gone Bess or just picked 5 seamers again.
England overthink it and pick 2 spinners

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Two Victorians in the team is a recipe for a disaster. The last time a team with two Victorians in it excelled was when Ponsford and Woodfull played.

ashley bach

International Captain
Two Victorians in the team is a recipe for a disaster. The last time a team with two Victorians in it excelled was when Ponsford and Woodfull played.
Seriously? That's an uncanny wee fact if true.
Was there no good Victorian player in the team the whole time Warne played?