• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at Melbourne - December 26 - 30

Niall

International Coach
To ruin a famous quote....

Lads...its England.

It will be fine, they could have Cameron White and Peter Siddle opening the bowling and England would still humiliate themselves with the bat.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure how I feel about this. I expect Boland will do a fine job but leaving out Richardson, and playing Starc for a 3rd Test in a row, I'm not a fan of. I can only assume Jhye is not fully fit.

On a positive not good that they are rewarding Shield form, especially recent Shield form, but then Neser who has dominated the Shield for years is sent packing after 1 match.

Can't help but feel this could be a rotation-policy sort of reaction to last summer where they overplayed the same fast bowlers for the whole series and it cost them in the end, but if that's the case Starc should have been the one left out

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Then again, sounds like the bowlers left out are all carrying little injuries anyway so could just be that . . .

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Just out of curiosity who was the last Australian quick to dayboo in the boxing day test?

I'm thinking Matt Nicholson, but there might be somebody more recent I'm forgetting here

halba

International 12th Man
I would guess about 130-132 on average, possibly slightly higher on a good day. Certainly not genuinely quick
neither was mcgrath late career. still took wickets.
neither was philander. he retired as one of the greatest swing bowlers to ever play the game...224 wickets at 23 ave, criticised as being medium pace but kept delivering wickets.

halba

International 12th Man
Not sure how I feel about this. I expect Boland will do a fine job but leaving out Richardson, and playing Starc for a 3rd Test in a row, I'm not a fan of. I can only assume Jhye is not fully fit.

On a positive not good that they are rewarding Shield form, especially recent Shield form, but then Neser who has dominated the Shield for years is sent packing after 1 match.

Can't help but feel this could be a rotation-policy sort of reaction to last summer where they overplayed the same fast bowlers for the whole series and it cost them in the end, but if that's the case Starc should have been the one left out
jhye not fully fit according to the news. the bowler is right arm fast and toiled heavy, lots of overs, on a flat adelaide wicket, so needs a rest.