• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Ashes 2021/22

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sydney to canberra to melbourne to sydney/stay in melbourne to melbourne/sydney. easy, done.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Indeed. But it's one thing to pull the pin based on terrorist threats or an actual case of the plague. It's quite another to crack the ****s because you'll be put up in a five star hotel for a week or two when you get somewhere. Entitled ponces all.
A week or two? It’s not a T20 series you great oaf

Burgey

They go into quarantine on arrival here for a week or two in a five star hotel, numpty.

I can tell that Tasmania's attempts to slip under the radar have worked well, with people suggesting a test could be played there, The Premier there has said they ideally don't want to open up until they're 90% vaxxed or more. Weirdly enough, the State Premiers outside NSW and Victoria all seem to realize the somewhat relevant consideration which escapes the casual commentator and much of the media too - that their citizens currently have more normality to their lives than those two States will once they celebrate reaching 80%.

Burgey

He's saying that's just the time to quarantine and the rest of the tour will be free, or close enough
Corrin will soon realize the error of his ways and provide a written apology, which I shall consider in due course.

Shady Slim

International Coach
from what i'm reading morrison announced today it'll be only one week home quarantine for the fully vaxxed now

he's keen for a 5-0

Spikey

from what i'm reading morrison announced today it'll be only one week home quarantine for the fully vaxxed now

he's keen for a 5-0
only for states that sign up to it though. as always, the national cabinet doesn't actually mean jack and if QLD wants to go a different path they can

morgieb

You'd only have to find one. And we've seen that QLD is willing to be far more flexible for big ticket sporting events than they are for, well, anything else.
In addition, I think I read that South Australia might reopen at 80% too?

I think the Ashes is doable, but you might need some significant compromises - either by starting in one of the "endemic" states and/or abandoning Perth for Hobart.

Spark

Global Moderator
In addition, I think I read that South Australia might reopen at 80% too?

I think the Ashes is doable, but you might need some significant compromises - either by starting in one of the "endemic" states and/or abandoning Perth for Hobart.
Yeah I think something can be worked out between the eastern states. It's Perth that presents the most difficulty, I imagine WA cricket making a huge fuss if they get skipped for a second year in a row.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Isn't the bulk of Australia in lockdown though?
1. They do tend to give exemptions for sporting events in bubbles.
2. New South Wales is coming out of lockdown soon and probably never going back in.

The bigger problem is that some states have basically put up hard state borders, so England players won't be allowed in Queensland or WA for example if they've been to New South Wales without doing a 14-day quarantine in between. Doing one quarantine at the start of the tour could be managed, but doing another one every time they moved states would be untenable.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quarantine hotels are not exactly 5 star resorts and even if they were, you’re not allowed out of the room

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quarantine hotels are not exactly 5 star resorts and even if they were, you’re not allowed out of the room
They won't be staying in the regular hotels probably. The main issue is certain states wanting quarantine periods when entering them from other states.

Burgey

The bigger problem is that some states have basically put up hard state borders, so England players won't be allowed in Queensland or WA for example if they've been to New South Wales without doing a 14-day quarantine in between
Of course they will. There wouldn’t have been an nrl season were it not for the Qld govt ffs. They’ll make it happen.