• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Ashes 2021/22

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
set in an fascist state
This is a terrible take, and both insensitive given there are many millions of people here still in lock down and inappropriate given there's tens of thousands of extra corpses over your way.

I mean, I wouldn't have gone there, but you saw fit to throw this sort of bull**** around so you can wear it, frankly.

Last edited:

Spikey

As I said, five of the England football team are not vaccinated.

Also ''one-two players'' could be Jimmy Anderson or Joe Root (probably not but for sake of argument).
....and? we play cricket.

the two pinnacles players have (international cricket and pay days in T20 leagues) require travelling on planes and entering foreign countries all over the world. It's pretty likely that not being vaccinated will be a problem for players over the next year. if any dumb-arses still don't want to get vaccinated, then whatever, but that really won't have any impact on whether the Ashes should be held. I assume no-one believes the Ashes should be cancelled if Pat Cummins does a back injury and has to miss out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
....and? we play cricket.

the two pinnacles players have (international cricket and pay days in T20 leagues) require travelling on planes and entering foreign countries all over the world. It's pretty likely that not being vaccinated will be a problem for players over the next year. if any dumb-arses still don't want to get vaccinated, then whatever, but that really won't have any impact on whether the Ashes should be held. I assume no-one believes the Ashes should be cancelled if Pat Cummins does a back injury and has to miss out.
GAS thinks it should be cancelled if Pat Cummins hasn't played a FC game in the lead-up though.

Burgey

Personally I believe it would be disastrous if the cricket world's hero Pat Cummins was injured, and the Ashes should be cancelled in those circumstances.

Spikey

Should the Ashes be cancelled because Jimmy Anderson doesn't want to renew his passport? My post:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbh of all the things to correctly attack Australia for, a double vax requirement to enter probably isn’t even in the long list. Rightly or wrongly vax requirements to enter countries have been a thing for a long time.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There's a similar problem likely with the Australian Open Tennis. A lot of the top players have said they have no intention of getting jabbed.