• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
That was the most pointless last 20-30 minutes of batting, no issue not declaring at tea or immediately after but leaving it this long to just poke and prod - it's almost as if England wanted to bat tomorrow so they could use a heavy roller on the pitch or something

chris.hinton

International Captain
That was the most pointless last 20-30 minutes of batting, no issue not declaring at tea or immediately after but leaving it this long to just poke and prod - it's almost as if England wanted to bat tomorrow so they could use a heavy roller on the pitch or something
Fear of Kohil i think is the reason.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I am not a big fan of Root's captaincy, but contrary to conventional wisdom his decisions to not declare in innings 1 and 2 were both correct decisions.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not a big fan of Root's captaincy, but his decisions to not declare in innings 1 and 2 were both correct decisions.
The question was not about not declaring, it was about how they were batting. It looked like they just wanted to suck time out of the game, which suggests they are/were still thinking of losing this game, which I think is odd. If anything, this maybe be their best shot at winning a test this series.