• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think the idea is that the fact that it hit the bat at all is sufficient "doubt" to rule it not out? but, uh, that's not how the drs works. or indeed how the lbw law works.
Well surely as there was doubt you stick with the original onfield decision which they did so the correct decision was made.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
The bat was jammed behind the pad. He was unlucky that his bat got stuck behind the pad but that was obviously out.
May have just been me but I though seeing the replay it was not all that clear so we will agree to disagree there but will probs have a look later on the highlights but certainly no criticism of the call from me - it was given out and I think we are in agreement there was no conclusive evidence it was not out - although unlike you I also am not sure there was conclusive evidence it was out - that may just be me and I think I am in the minority there it seems

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cook speculated on C4 earlier that Root would want 15 overs tonight so his seamers still had a hard ball in the morning.

Don't think we have time for 15 though?

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I think the pitch might have got slower(and that's the reason why they might not be declaring too soon), although England has been losing wickets, they don't want to take a chance by setting any target that is realistically achievable. Indian batsmen going for a draw will might make it easier for the bowlers to attack them and get wickets.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, either they should have gone harder in the last session on day 2 or they should have gone harder now or at least declared by now. That they have done NONE of these is worrying.
it's strange but it ultimately doesn't really matter. the runs ceased to be relevant a while back, wasting 5-10 overs isn't great but it's hardly the end of the world.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
don't think jofra archer has done a great deal of batting against actual spin
Gut feeling here, but he might be worse than KP for the English side to deal with. As he gets more experience and cements himself as a matchwinner, I feel some episodes may happen that will make KP seem like a proper team player.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think Jimmy wants to have a bowl. Reverse sweep first ball, then pops one back to the bowler.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Gut feeling here, but he might be worse than KP for the English side to deal with. As he gets more experience and cements himself as a matchwinner, I feel some episodes may happen that will make KP seem like a proper team player.
i see no evidence of this at all tbh. he's not the first young player to have some intensity and attitude issues; kp meanwhile had issues in every single team he ever played in.