• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I was also thinking that might be it!! Because they used it before their innings today and pitch started to explore.

There's probably only 100-101 overs left in the game. England should have declared 10-15 overs ago, instead chose to bat out the innings so as to avoid making the declaration decision. Poor captaincy and management.
That is interesting, I was not certain they used it today but presumed they would have (on the assumption they wanted to get more overs at India today) although heard they did when they batted into Day 3 (had no issue with the batting there for what its worth). Wonder how many overs being able to use a heavy roller on Day 5 is worth?

Think its 98 overs on the final day so probably some more overs then 100 or 101 but do agree.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
looks like a pitch where surviving might be easier than scoring at a good rate without losing wickets
Which is why it was silly to not go for runs once they the lead was above 380 or so. The pace is not there on the pitch where it is possible.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Is SR while playing pull shot the worst stat ever?

What next? Pant's SR while smashing slog over mid wicket?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Struggling to believe that Jimmy's a worse bet than what we've seen so far from these two.

EDIT
Fair enough Jack, that's brilliant. I was going to delete this post, but I may as well taste it.