• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Meet Kyle Jamieson, a 6’8 James Anderson

Howsie

International Captain

I don’t think I’ve seen too many bowlers swing the kookaburra ball both ways like we’ve seen him manage to do. With his height, pace and ability to swing it late New Zealand actually have a serious prospect here. Obviously sterner tests will come when he travels overseas, but God damn he is exciting.

Extra points for being a proper angry fast bowler too. It’s been too long since we’ve had one of those.

SeamUp

International Coach
Watched his bowling for a prolonged time in these last 2 tests. Looks like he will be damn awkward to face.

How good is his batting ?

Will he get into the Wiaan Mulder & Cam Green best all-rounder in the world debate on here in a few years ?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Watched his bowling for a prolonged time in these last 2 tests. Looks like he will be damn awkward to face.

How good is his batting ?

Will he get into the Wiaan Mulder & Cam Green best all-rounder in the world debate on here in a few years ?
He's a genuine Test #8 which is exciting. Started life as an opening batsmen (junior level).

**** I love watching him bowl. Always have. It looked like he was playing a different game to the rest of our bowlers yesterday. I love the height, the pace, the mongrel, the shape, even his blonde good looks.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I saw a bit of the first session and he bowled some great deliveries. I have to admit a six inches taller Jimmy Anderson wasn’t my first thought on him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That ability to swing the ball both ways really does make him a serious threat. Obviously he’s a nightmare for left handers with the bounce and the ball that moves away from them (I think he averages about 9 against lefties). And the ability to push right hand batsmen onto the backfoot with his height before firing in an inswinging yorker is so good. Now looks head and shoulders above the rest of the NZ attack (pun obviously intended).

Flem274*

123/5
the performance i like the most was his final innings last test. not a 5fer, but it was a slow deck where he couldn't rush guys with his bounce and it was a miserable time to bowl under pressure to win the game with set batsmen. he got the breakthroughs.

he's likely to be the most experienced bowler when the trio eventually move on to life after cricket, so it's good to see some serious attack leader potential in spirit as well as skill.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'm super pleasantly surprised at Kyle. I thought he'll be all right but didn't think he'll be the best of the lot.

I had reservations knowing Tuffey, Doull etc were made then handy in our conditions but weren't world class. They were tall as well and could bowl heavy balls but Jamison's knocking over with serious skills not just because of the conducive pitches I feel.

Besides he can bat as well. Wonder why he didn't play earlier and had to wait till he's like 26 to debut.

His first class figures last year weren't that flashy but they surely knew a thing or two about him. He was also not our best bowler in the NZ A side but taken to international cricket like fish to water.

Flem274*

123/5
given we all thought he was slow i think he added pace last summer. not sure how quick he was during his call up to aus, but given it was a bit out of the blue i think the selectors saw the pace increase and said yep get him in the squad for polishing.